Grimsby to London











Thornton Heath
London
England
1st August 2016


I am leaving Grimsby going to London
My daughter is driving and I am sitting
next to her in front seat
enjoying the whole view
temperature is 21 still we keep our
sweaters handy
you never know it is England
Weather is so unpredictable

I see the sign of  Skegnes  it is 35 miles away
This is Linconshire County
Skegnes is another tourist spot
but much bigger than Ceethorpes
we are passing through  Louth  it has
a very prestigious High school Kaster
top ten in England higher in ranking
than  King Edward 

It is A16 smaller highway very scenic
cattle, horses, birds and farms
in between just couple of houses
with flowers and flower baskets

It is Monday not much traffic
I see Spar  on Gas stations and in Plaza
it is like 711  stores of Canada

Houses are old style of red bricks
very few are white washed
passing through Boston 
it is a bigger town
" Pilgrim Hospital " blue building is there
It is whole Linconshire County

We are 1 hour away from Grimsby
further 1 hour is Peterboro 
in Canada is also Peterboro
one hour away from our capital city Ottawa

passing through Northampton 
28 miles away is Cambridge 
London is 77 miles

our first stop is Watford  we are having
stop over at services in Cambridge
McDonald is 2 minutes from highway

On both sides of road are Green Hedges
it looks we are passing through
Corridors of Green
winding roads making it more beautiful
like green dead ends
it started raining

Now it is London Red Double Decker Buses
red telephone booth traffic
and the underground signs
all so typical of London

We have to take a stop over in Kinsbury 
for  Peri Peri chicken take away
it is 5.45 our destination is
Croydon Thornton Heath
still couple of hours away

We are passing through Central London
after 6 pm no congestion charges
which is 10 pounds when you enter the area
from 7 am to 6 pm no charges

Passing through Edware Road
Arabian street full of perfumes
carpets and " Hukka " type of tobacco pipe
and All the Arabic food

Now towards Westminster Bridge
Paddington station, Elephant Castle
Marble Arch, Park Lane and Hyde Park

We are passing through the Core of London
Buckingham Palace on its gate is iron
Chariot sculpture
Parliament Square and Victoria Station
now on the Vauxhall Bridge crossing
River Tames 

We reached our destination at 8.30 pm
started at 12.30

In London all depends on Traffic
passing through city area speed is 30 miles
sometimes limit is only 20 miles
camera everywhere
you have to be very cautious while driving
still they know how to give you tickets


Comments

  1. Thank you Smile. I have received it and read it

    I am sorry to keep bugging you about the blog when you are on vacation but I am so addicted to it

    @mrizvi: I hope you will read today's blog. Smile is making so much effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Madam Smile, thank you for taking me on the journey with you. After your blog, I looked up the cities on the map. You are such a good writer, I felt like i am travelling with you

    @ mrizvi: Please read. You will enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Smile is the best. She is an amazing writer and a marketing professional and a psychologist - all in one

    @ mrizvi: This is why we all want you to read

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great travelogue. Enjoyed it. Thanks Smile

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are bugging My Smile a lot. Please leave her alone. I also am in the habit are reading her blogs daily but was checking the ones from last time

    thanks Smile. This is a fantastic one

    @ mrizvi: Please do read. You will enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was being selfish and requested Smile to post her blogs daily. Though I am feeling bad but I am glad that I asked for it as her descriptive travel blogs are simply out of the world

    Thank you Smile

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sie sind eine erstaunliche Schriftsteller. Sie sind sehr anschaulich und verwenden auch starke Analogien . Ich fühlte mich wie ich mit euch allen zusammen und Blick auf den gleichen Stellen im Auto war , die Sie genießen wurden

    Vielen Dank

    @mrizvi: Bitte lesen Sie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to All My Great Great Readers
    You are My Asset
    Keep Smiling Pl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boris I am happy you let me know
    I posted again and
    now you got it
    Good

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk