My Friend Black Squirrel is out of Quarantine


33 Wooden Benches Complimenting Garden Design and Backyard Landscaping












Wednesday -- beautiful sunny day with 5 C. It is 10 in the morning.
I am done with my breakfast, sitting in the TV lounge, enjoying my
morning tea and watching the News Channel. It is all about the Virus. 
I know it is gloomy but we have to be aware of, what is going on.
This is important. 

I am looking through the big glass panels in front, enjoying the view 
of my back garden.We have to get connected with everything around.
I see the Black Squirrel. He looks weak, not doing his exercises. Just 
walking around the pear skeleton tree. I am happy, he is out of his 
quarantine. Couple of birds are also here to give him company. 
It is a beautiful atmosphere.

It is 10.45, I am in my room, busy with my computer, checking Facebook 
messages. One of my childhood, grade five friend, writes to me every day. 
She lives with her son, in Perth, Australia. We live in different time zones.
It must be night time at her place. 

We share messages, to get connected. Usually, nothing special, just to 
write about our day to day routine matters. Sometimes we write about 
our past, the time we spent together. 

It is great to share the golden memories. Good to connect with the 
people of your age group. We can relate, what we talk, what we write.

My youngest daughter called me from Reading. She is feeling better but
has to be couple of more days in isolation. My daughter, the middle one also 
called from Grimsby. She was busy with her studies and with her household 
stuff, the usual family matters.

Yesterday I went to Petticoat Creek. Not many people were there. They 
all were, strictly following the social distancing directives. It was 2 C and 
cloudy. I was dressed up in layers, with my long winter coat, my maroon 
sweater, gloves and  my woolen stole. I was fine, enjoying the beauty around.

Water displaying all shades of green. Olive, Sea green and blackish. 
Birds in flocks, were enjoying too, the beauty of nature, from up and 
above. Couple of Swan were floating, with their company. They all 
were following social distancing directive.

It is 12.30 my eldest grandson wants something to eat. He already had 
omelette and banana shake in the morning. I will give him cut fruits 
and grapes. 

It is 3.30, I went to lake with my son. All the spots were cordoned off. 
Blue water was glittering under the sun, but it was of the limit. We have 
to respect the directive. That is for our own good and for others too.

It is 4.15, I am home. I have to make couple of calls. I will call my younger 
brother. We talk every day, to connect. I will call my youngest sister. She is 
in Chicago, in Retirement home. She rarely picks the phone. I try every day. 
Sometimes, I succeed. We never have to give up. Keep trying till we succeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk