Brits Befuddled


Image result for Ottawa houses pictures in winter














Our Life has to be multidimensional
with many sockets to make adjustments
and adapt

In Canada we talk about weather
hockey and Baseball which we call
Ball game

We are proud of our Tim Horton
coffee house which we think as
our identity 

Maple leaf is our icon
we think all the Maple syrup is
from Canada

We loose in hockey still think it
is our National game 

My daughter forwarded one link
from BBC  " Brits befuddled by who
or what is Tim Hortons "

We so casually say " double double "
means coffee with 2 sugar 2 cream
and small doughnuts are called
Timbits

It is an amazing News story BBC
asked Canadian have to explain
as Brits are befuddled

We Canadians are sentimental
we became very emotional when
couple of years back our
Hudson Bay big store was going
towards bankruptcy

We hardly have any of our own store
I mean Canadian all the businesses
now are American 

Walmart doing great business
our Zellers is now history

We lose hockey games still all the
tickets sold out and hockey Arena is
full of sentimental crowd

My eldest grandson is a die hard fan
of Maple Leaf the Toronto based
hockey team

My son is always hooked up with
Blue jay Toronto based baseball team

We have cold and lots of snow
feel proud of that too never feel 
bad about that

You can imagine one of my daughter
is living in Edmonton in the province
of Alberta it is really cold there
nowadays 32 below Zero

When I ask her how things going
she says everything fine 

I don't know we Canadians are really
enjoying all this or making it up
I think we are brave enough to cope
the freezing cold and all this snow

I used to live in Ottawa and still remember
snow not completely gone even in May
winter and snow stays there for nearly
6 or more months 

No complains we find our ways to enjoy
we do ice skating on Rideau Canal
in Ottawa 

We wait for snow to open up our
Ice Rinks to play hockey we have
learned to play around and enjoy



Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. Customers are waiting to get in as there is no room inside to sit. Some asking me to make the Smile Corner bigger so there is more room to sit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won the race to post the blog on our corporate noticeboard today. There was already a box of donuts in the kitchen with a message stating "Enjoy the Smile Donuts. From a Smile addict"

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are starting so many new things because of Smile blog. These blogs are transforming our corporate culture

      Marg

      Delete
  3. Dear Madam Smile, you write so good about Canada. You tell all. I no understand that how people live in so cold weather. I do 2 job but call sick when it get cold like 15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Advisor,

    The retirees enjoyed the blog. It provided an interesting perspective on Canada and the life there. One of our member is a retired travelogue and was specially interested in this blog. She pointed out that this kind of view is unique and is usually missed by the traditional travel companies. She joined our group a little later so we have asked her to look at some of your previous blogs in which you described your travels in the UK

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have posted the blog in all noticeboards in lobbies A, B, C and D

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to arrange for another Smile Forum as there is just so much interest. I am planning to have the seventh one this week.

      Kim

      Delete
    2. SWS was lots of fun. We took the nature route

      Tiara

      Delete
    3. SWN was great also. We had lots of people and lots of fun

      Cleo

      Delete
  6. Father say he no understand how you live in place so cold. He say that he never new about this from any book. He say that all book about places and travel should have a chapter from you or someone like you.

    Father no go to the mall today. He say it too cold today and he no feel. I took day off but he say he still no want go

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Smile is awesome. She has an awesome family. She is an awesome poet. She is an awesome writer. She is an awesome scientist. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read blog Russia. I no knew that it so cold Canada. It cold Russia too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It not that cold France

      Delete
    2. It not this cold in Ukraine also

      Delete
    3. Double Double is interesting word. We no use any like that in Spanish

      Delete
  9. My Smile is amazing. She is an amazing travel writer. She is an amazing creative genius. She has an amazing family. What an amazing person my Smile is

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved learning about the different slang in different countries, a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is starting to be a bizzaro world. I mean, is there anyone home? Is there anyone listening?

    mrizvi's comments are the best. Way to go. I mean, how would we know if this is a good post without it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just have a nice cold shower Plunker. Cool down. We already know that there is no one home so why worry about it

    Good job mrizvi. Interesting stuff. Thank you so much for your brilliant comment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Readers Family
    Thanks Maheen Karen Linda Dave Keith mrizvi Boris Plunker Kris
    Cleo Brenda Jasmeet Jimmy Sheema Batman Jasmeet Tiara Retiree Group
    Superwoman Marg Newbie Thanks All My Anonymous and Multilingual
    Readers Thanks Everyone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk