Christmas Concert


Image result for front yard picture










Don't be scared of weather
it wont say you anything
it knows you are only
gathering flowers of Happiness
You wont harm anyone 


It was Thursday we were having
Christmas Tea Party at our Club
small tables with chairs for 4
were nicely decorated with all red
beautiful flower vase in the center

Tea coffee and all the goodies
to enjoy Music from the Pickering
Stars -- Clog dancers also
Mr and Mrs Santa Clause
were there to distribute candies

Gate prizes and Ticket Draws
it was such a festive atmosphere
we had fun and good time
I came back at around 3 pm

At night my youngest grandson
has Christmas Concert at 7 pm
he was also participating so we
all were excited to go and watch

It was 28 below zero at night
I put layers to face the freezing
cold was ready to go to Highbush
Public school

Sitting on grey steel chair in school
Gym with lots of people I started
thinking about James Herriot

He described so beautifully about
his son was having his kindergarten school
function he was on the stage supposed
to play piano

James with his wife Helen sitting
in audience crowd waiting for him
to start his son used to play so beautifully
sitting on stage 

James gave an spectacular view of that
they were sweating and nervous
anxious for the things going to happen

It is an amazing story and applies to
every parent we put so much pressure
on our little ones on our children

Not our fault we are proud of them
so get carried away can't even think
of letting them down

In that winter storm we all were there
at school to watch my grandson concert
for me such a wonderful moment

It was was very colorful with all the
young faces who are our future
we have trust they will bring peace
and harmony in years to come

They are our hope our treasure
may God never take their smile
away from them Amen


Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. I am still out of biscuits but the flood of customers is continuing. Today being Sunday there are lots more people. There are also people from other villages and towns. Everyone is pleasantly surprised, as local neighbours are bringing biscuits. Priest is happy that his flock is getting bigger, but he says he knows why they will be at the church, and will keep his sermon short

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Smile is awesome!! She is an awesome writer. She is an awesome poet. She is an awesome scientist. She has an awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Madam Smile,

    How go son son concert and no care weather. If it is -28, then in the toronto news they say that you no go out. I know because I read it because of you. You son should take son to concert and not you. You write so good English too like good writers. You also go and meet Santa. I do 2 job but read blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fortunate are you and all of us that we are able to enjoy this festive season once again, thank you God

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Advisor,

    The retirees enjoyed today's post as it brought some happy memories for many when they used to attend the Christmas concerts of their children. They dont go to the concerts any more as these concerts usually take place in the evenings and also the weather can be very cold (like in single digits). The retirees are not surprised that you ventured out in bitter arctic cold as you do not alter your plans based on weather, however the retirees are still puzzled as to how you do it. One of our member is a retired avid camper, and even he does not go out in this weather any more. He does go out when it is 12C or so.

    Our subcommittee on providing you the data for the walking that you requested on Dec 6, 2016 will commence their activities tomorrow.

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read you blog and like lot. It tell me what life is in Canada even though I China

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love reading the blog in Russia. I share with my school kids and read as a group

      Delete
    2. I read France. I talk kids and husband

      Delete
  7. Father say why you go Christmas concert when it so cold. Father say he no go to Christmas concert because it too cold and very busy. He say he can fall. He old, almost 67. He say he watch Christmas concert on tele. Father say he very active too, he got out this week for Christmas lights and he will go again next week. He will go local mall with me. He no want to go in evening or weekend as it very busy. He say he can fall there too. Father say I take 1 day off and take him to mall. He no want go with my wife. Father say he no like going with her as she no no how drive good. Father say all daughter law bad but his worst (he say I write comment as this his comment)

    Kris (English)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been enjoying your masterstrokes. You have been indulging your readers with extravagant writing and captivating notions.

    Like others, we are also fascinated by your enterprising movements and total disregard for the elements. Despite the icy Siberian winter, you have continued with your engagements. As you aptly said in one of your yesterday's blog, it is like you are challenging the old man winter to "bring it on".

    Like other readers, we consider your writings as archetype and try our best to pursue your lead. Instead of hibernating, we now saunter shopping malls and partake in small pleasures

    Thank you for your inspirational masterpieces that you produce at will on a daily basis

    Dave and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Smile is amazing. She is an amazing writer. She is an amazing poet. She has an amazing family. She is an amazing scientist. What an amazing person my Smile is!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blogs provide an excellent conversation starters for our business meetings. There are many varied topics, good tone and scene depictions.

    Thank you for writing

    Keith Walker

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an imagery Smile has created. Also referencing James Herriot is very well placed. It has made me remember my own Christmas concerts which my nervous parents used to attend. Now I understand why they used to be so nervous

    thank Smile

    newbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am wondering if some of us are starting to get brain freeze. I mean, what the hell! There should be a limit for this obstinacy!!

    Thank you mrizvi. Appreciate you writing your comment every day. I dont know what we will do without your comment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck trying to get an informed and wise comment, Plunker. There is no point worrying about it

    mrizvi, your comment is a blast. It is so great that you comment without reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Readers Family
    Thanks Keith Karen Kris Plunker Sheema Boris Batman mrizvi Superwoman
    Linda Dave Retiree Group Maheen Newbie Kim Jimmy Brenda Cleo Sam
    Thanks All My Anonymous and Multilingual Readers
    Thanks Everyone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk