Make it or Break it


Image result for school basketball game picture









It is light pinkish orange
Hue all along bordering the clear very light Gray sky
such a beautiful view

Keep in mind snow is there
white everywhere
like an untouched beauty

I am sitting in the Library in my
second home near fireplace
golden flames are brightening
my morning giving color and
glow it is so cozy sitting at my
favorite spot

TV is on but I am not watching
I don't want to I want to talk to
my Readers Family

I was thinking about Yesterday
about the Basket Ball game of my
youngest grandson 

We all made sure to be there to watch
the game for which he was so excited

He worked hard to be selected in the
team he has passion for that he was
always around the Basket ball net
doing practice 

When he got selected it looked he
won the lottery ticket 

Coach selected 13 players from all
the sections of Grade 6 and 7 he is in
Grade 6

Only 6 players have to play so rest
of the players were sitting out

He got just couple of minutes
playing time I noticed he was
avoiding us and his smile was gone

Feeling embarrassed as if not feeling
himself up to the mark

My point is that when you are dealing
with kids you don't know that you are
dealing with their emotions 

Dealing with their Heart and Soul
you have to be very cautious
you can damage their self esteem

They are too young to take it and it will
stick to their personality like a scar

We don't have to take into account only
winning and losing a game 

Whenever timeout was called there
was a glimpse of brightness on their
gloomy faces like a ray of hope
may be it is My turn 

May be coach will call me to play
may be this time

My heart was with them
kids are like glass should be
handled with great care

We can make or break their confidence
it is all in our hands how we tackle
it all depends 

Nurture them with Love care and smile
be kind and considerate take everything
into account

It is just a game not worth it to put
their lives at stake 

Don't take their smile away please
Thank You



Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. There are lots of buzz and conversations as Customers are talking about there kids and grand children. It is a very good discussion topic just before the festive season.

    The priest is here again today and asking me for a copy of the previous blogs. Customers are secretly smiling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have posted the blog in all notice boards in lobbies A, B, C and D

    Happy Holidays

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had our Toastmasters meeting today. Guess what everyone wanted to talk about??

      Yup you guessed it right, it was all about Smile blog

      Kim

      Delete
    2. There were very few people in the office today so I thought that the Smile Walks will be cancelled however the turnout for SWN was huge!!

      Lot of discussion about Smile's grandson and the fact that he probably has her genes for basketball smarts

      Tiara

      Delete
    3. SWS's turnout was big as well. We took the nature trail route because Smile prefers nature.

      We also talked about her grandson. Most of the people thought that the coach needs to be more reasonable and fair to the kids.

      Cleo

      Delete
  3. My Smile is so awesome!! She is an awesome writer. She is an awesome poet. She has an awesome family! She is an awesome scientist! What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Madam Smile, you son son coach no good. He should let son son play more. If son son no play how can son son learn. You go game to watch son son and to teach him basketball. You son should do that. You do so much thing you can get tired. I do 2 job and no no how to play basketball, but I proud read blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost the race to post the blog on our corporate noticeboards. It was already there when I got there. There were also SDs there with a note from SA

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole office is full of SAs. Someone brought a chocolate cake and put a note that this is from SA too.

      Marg

      Delete
    2. Yes everyone is a SA here. I am one too :-)

      Jasmeet

      Delete
  6. Dear Advisor,

    The retirees enjoyed your today's blog. One of our members is a retired school teacher who also used to coach school kids, and he commented that your grandson's coach is probably playing him less because he does not have that much confidence in him. He said that to get more playing time, your grandson will need to develop that confidence. I am sorry for sharing this harsh message, but he suggested that I should do that as it will help your grandson. Please accept my apologies if you find this hurtful or disrespectful.

    We are also waiting for your advice for walking. It is Christmas season and some of our members are feeling low as they are not being able to enjoy themselves as much. We realize that you are probably busy with your own Christmas preparation but it will be really helpful if you can provide any suggestions

    thank you

    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear recent retiree, Please tell Dear retired school teacher that he mind business. He no no coach. Why he say son son learn more. How he learn more if he no allow play. You tell Dear retired school teacher that good that he retire otherway he fire. I do 2 job and no teach but I read blog

      Delete
  7. Father say why your grandkid coach no let him play. He say that if his grandkid coach (ie my son) then he would kick him on the thigh. This no way to take care of kids. He say you yell him.

    (Father no go out today say it too cold. He was angry too because I forgot put tele remote on his favourite sofa. He say my wife teaching me bad things. He say I burn soup too. I think you write something for reader sometime, can you write for him too . He big fan of you. Always make sure read blog. If I no there he go to one neighbor for help because the neighbor read Anglias. Father no like that neighbor but still go to him for blog)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Smile is amazing. She is an amazing writer. She is an amazing poet. She has an amazing grandson. She has an amazing family. What an amazing person my Smile is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The coach is a jerk. He needs to know better. Why is he selecting players if he does not want them to play

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What the heck!! Again! There is no break from this madness! No rest for the weary!

    Thank you mrizvi. Your comment is spot on. You guessed right again today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just take it easy, Plunker. This is a family blog. I am actually more frustrated with the coach today. He should have given more time to Smile's grandson. I know that these selections are very grueling, so once you have selected someone why not play him. Thats no good.

    mrizvi: Amazing comment. Absolutely brilliant. You guessed absolutely correct today also. You are right, it is a good post

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual, we talked about the story in Smile's blog to serve as icebreaker for our business meeting. It led to discussion about a no. of items, eg we talked about fair play and meritocracy. It also generated discussion about children and their emotions. It also started discussion about snow and fireplaces. All in all a fantastic conversation starter. So why I am saying this, because if we can use this for the business meetings, you can do that too

    Keith Walker

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Readers Family
    Thanks Keith Karen Plunker Kris mrizvi Batman Maheen Boris Superwoman
    Linda Dave Jimmy Kim Cleo Brenda Andy Jsmeet Marg Tiara Newbie
    Retiree Group Thanks All My Anonymous and Multilingual Readers
    Thanks Everyone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk