Cut Off Time


















Aspen Towers
Ottawa
1995

Ottawa has long winter with lots of snow
With short summer and short day light
In those days I was suffering from
my long time Insomnia


My Physician office was located inside
Carlingwood Mall
15 minutes walk from my place
I was in the waiting area for my turn
on the wall of the Office was written
tips for a healthy life

I still remember some of those tips
It was mentioned that more than 40 %
of people in Canada are suffering from Insomnia
due lack of enough sun light, short summer
and longer period of winter

That topic was of my interest
It was suggested that
regulate your timings to go to your bedroom
stop worrying about sleep
give yourself a cut off time and stop
all of your activities around you at that time
switch off TV or whatever you are busy with
go to your bedroom with a book of your interest
to read for a while

Close your bedroom door even if you are alone
in your house to give a clear signal to sleep
Don't look at your clock any time of night
If you are still awake make your bedroom
light dim

There were lots of tips I remember just couple
I just focused on two tips and believe me
it worked
I cut off all my activities around 12 midnight
My computer is in my bedroom
I switch of light and my computer and close my door
rarely it happens that I had disturbed sleep nights
Sometimes small things make big difference
in your life, so keep your eyes open

You never know you can find something
somewhere



Comments

  1. @ mrizvi Don't you have anything better to write?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ mrizvi semble que vous êtes accroché sur ces blogs, mais pourquoi avez-vous même pas la peine d'écrire "bon poste". Vraiment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Karen, The comments are meant for Smile. You dont need to worry about them

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous, not sure why you are reading a blog which is in English and writing comments in a foreign language.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ mrizvi: I wondering if you read these positive blogs. If you do, then you would not have reacted so aggressively.

    I am not offended. My intent was to let you know that these are powerful reminders for how we (including me) should be living a happy and positive life.

    My apologies if you found my comment offending

    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ mrizvi: You are write that I wrote my comment in French and no English. I did that to let the blogger know that he has fans whose first language is not English

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk