We Don't Have to use Our Gold Card


Image result for bench in garden and magnolia flower pictures











I never use references
these are my stray thoughts

I jot down to write
My Daily Blogs


It is Tuesday bright morning but sort of cloudy not sunny
with 20 C, we have to use light jacket. When it is cloudy,
makes lots of difference not so warm. Windy, gusts 25 km.

After my breakfast, I was on my computer not many messages
on my Facebook. Two of my daughters are at work, now in school.
One is busy with his studies. Her assignment due tomorrow.

My eldest daughter who lives in Edmonton, is in different time zone.
Two hours behind, she is working too, she is not a Facebook person.
We talk at night. 

I called my school friend living in London, England, also my college
friend, who lives in Markham, 20 minutes away. We don't drive so 
make calls to keep connected. We talk about old times spent together
and also about TV shows just to chit chat.

I called my sister in law and my brother. I am now making pancakes
for my Eldest, he will love that. I am not working today so made calls
now time to go for my walk. 

It is 12.45, I am leaving for Tim Horton. Not many birds around. 
Trees still giving look of skeletons. Tree of Magnolia at my front 
garden, started budding. One black squirrel playing in my back garden.

It is 1 pm, I am at Coffee House enjoying my coffee writing my Blog.
Thinking about you my Dear Retirees. I have posted so many Blogs
on Joint Family Living.

This is very common situation we have to face when we live with our
families. I think the basic factor we never take into account is that,
this is not our family, this is our Kid's family.

I know, this is very hard to swallow but my Dear we have to face the
reality. Our Kids have now their own families to handle and on top 
we expect from them to handle we seniors too.

I am sorry to say we are now too demanding with our age. Our nerves 
not so strong and so is our body. We become short tempered and sensitive.
Our kids do a lot but we are not satisfied and start using our old age 
as our Gold card to cash our demands.

We consider whatever they doing is not enough, we want our pay back.
To brought them up, we put our life, our career everything at stake, now
it is their turn to pay back.

I believe all problems lie within us and also all solutions lie within us.
Keep in mind that we can not change anyone else, we can only change 
ourselves. Give your kids a break.

Please don't feel low, that you have to promise. Get out of your self pity, 
misery and loneliness. Keep yourself busy with anything to distract 
from negative thoughts. Be strong to lead your lives on the path of 
happiness. 

Continue your activities. You people contributing a lot in the society.
Start making list of your contributions and you will never start
feeling low. We don't need our kids, we are good. 

We have to appreciate whatever they are able to do for us. 
They are already sandwiched between their families and 
we parents. We have to realize.

Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. Customers are flocking to my shop as the word is getting out that this blog is about family issues

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost the race to post the blog on our corporate noticeboards. It was already posted when I went to post it

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in early so was able to post the blog. There was a box of SDs there but no donut for poster today

      Marg

      Delete
  3. Thanks for being my lifeline

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Smile is so awesome! She is an awesome advisor! She has an awesome family! She is an awesome writer! What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have posted the blog in all notice boards in lobbies A, B, C and D

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SWS was a great. We decided to go on the nature route. As usual, we talked about today's blog.

      Tiara

      Delete
    2. SWN was fun too. We also talked about the blog as it is a very important topic for us too

      Cleo

      Delete
    3. The toastmasters meeting today was about Smile's blog about family situations. There were others who wanted to talk about teenager issues. Both are hot topics.

      Kim

      Delete
  6. Dear Madam Smile, you so good. You write good to. I go job worker with video kid and say how you. She say I very busy and no time talk blog. I say I no want talk blog I want talk about kid. She say oh so you have the copies of the teen parenting blog for me. I say no because you no ask. I no suppose talk until you ask. She say ok then what you want talk? I say I want ask you if you tell video kid that he should listen you because you old. She say yes sometimes I need tell him that. I say that wrong because you no suppose use age as Gold Card. She say but he is 4! I say yes but remember we have to appreciate whatever they are able to do for us. I think she head hurt. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Advisor,

    The retirees appreciate your blog today. The subcommittee for joint family living led the reading of the blog. They were very pleased as you wrote about this important topic but more importantly that they are leading the reading. This is the highest honour for the retirees. The retirees had a debate afterwards. Some were of the view that kids need to be pressurized and even blackmailed to do more for the retirees. There were others who said that you ave given your verdict and challenging it is a big no no. The kid pushers were of the view that you have not dictated or instructed us but simply provided your opinion. If you can please clarify

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the SRC today. The plan was to read the blog at the Smile Garden but the Dean is trying to encourage the Smile Army to spend more time at the uni and less time outdoors. The Smile Army got very emotional after reading your blog. Some of them were almost in tears. A few of them started raising slogans against your son. Unlike last time, they didnt read too violently when Prof George asked them to calm down and not make too much noise. The Dean was feeling low himself so he didnt say much to them but we heard him saying to Prof George that she is such a positive and giving person, yet she is being treated so roughly by her progeny. We were all upset after that and were feeling low

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fresh new blog with fresh new concept. How does Smile do it?

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile is a class act. Thats why she has such a vast and diverse readership. Just enjoy

      newbie

      Delete
  10. Father say you no yell father today. Father say you probably forget. Father say he joke please no mind. Father say father cancel party because Kris explain you no want. Father say father go walk today and go sea see. Father say it cool so father only go in car. Father say father then go mall but no go inside because father no want fall. Father no say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say Hannah want thank because you help cancel party but Hannah want tail that all cooking for party done and if party cancel then fud will waste. Hannah say Hannah already make fud for 125 peeple so you can say Kris and father to party. Hannah say Hannah talk parent and they want thank that you take kris care Niklas and Hannah. Hannah say you please care you. Niklas say grandpapa wake Niklas morning before son and they make Niklas go sea before skool but Niklas then miss first period. Niklas say it ok buecause Niklas bad and no gud mark. Me talk father and explain that you no want party. Father say soriey andsay it ok cancel party. Me then tell Hannah but she say no cancel because no point and more problem because fud waste. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Smile is amazing. She is an amazing writer. She is an amazing counsellor. She is an amazing advisor. What an amazing person my Smile

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man. I guess the lunacy will never stop. Kids today. Will they ever learn

    Thanks mrizvi. Jolly good comment

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know Plunker that kids will be kids. Why worry about them. Some are worse than others. And I guess we are dealing with one of the bad one

    Fantastic job mrizvi for informing us that this is a good blog. Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk