To get happiness, water your plants


Image result for Watering plants pictures









It is Friday sunny bright beautiful morning with 17 C
Today My Daughter going with her husband for the weekend.
Their friends paid for the package to spend couple of days at some
resort in Lake district.

They all are packed and will leave at 11 am. I will be staying with the 
younger one who is in grade 7th. It will be nice one to one time with him. 
I will take him to Peoples park tomorrow. He is going to school today.

Yesterday I was with my Daughter at Denim and Sainsbury . My Daughter
was busy with some home shopping, she selected two shirts for me. She
knows what I like.  

I insisted to pay from my pocket but she didn't listen. She made payment 
for my shirts. These things matter a lot when Kids do something for we
parents. Father keep in mind I told you, nothing is one sided. We have to
do things for our Kids too.

It is 9 am my Daughter getting ready to go. I am in the back garden. One pigeon came from somewhere to give me company. Flowers are smiling 
I think it is for pigeon a welcome note.

I use to water the gardens, front and back, before that my Daughter use
to do that. Now she knows I am handling that. It is so meditating also
sort of exercise. I do it for happiness.

My Grade 7th friend is nowadays in Sydney with her son and his family.
She is going through difficult moments. In our old age, we don't have any
house of our own. We have to adjust in the house of our Kids.

It is a bit challenging for we Seniors but we have no option. This is the
only choice, we have to face with grace. Try to understand that our Son has
his own family beside his work and on top he has to take care of we Seniors.

We become short tempered as beside our health, our nerves also not strong.
We can not take any pressure so things become challenging not only for we
parents but for our kids too, who are sandwiched in the situation.

We have to be realistic and have to give them break. Let them enjoy their 
life. We have to trust that their love is still there but things are changed.
We don't have to demand too much from our Kids. Find your own hobbies
to get busy. 

Keep in mind that they don't need us, we need them. Don't put so many demands, they will get under pressure. Their is already pressure from their own family, that is more than enough for them to handle.

Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. This being Sunday, there are out of town visitors too. Our town people looks forward to Sunday as so many people come here from other places. The priest used some of the themes from the blogs. Thanks to Smile we have a big festival every weekend here

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome writer! She is an awesome councillor. She is an awesome advisor to the readers family. She has awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog everyday but you don't write for me

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. This good blog. I like in Russia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like blog. I no good Anglais but French good

      Delete
    2. I enjoy blog. It very good. I read China

      Delete
    3. I read you blog Italy

      Delete
    4. I read blog in Poland. I no like great friend

      Delete
  5. I wanted to write how my wacky daughter in law wakes up very late, does not do anything and very rude but I am not writing anything as you asked to not do so

    Mother in law of the Happy Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Madam Smile, you so good. You write good to. Happy Worker come and say why you water garden in office? I say because my Madam explain in blog and say it good for happy. Happy Worker say but we have gardener in office and he complain to Mr. Supervisor that you mess it up. Mr. Supervisor upset and plan talk to you today but I tell him wait tomorrow. I say her but Madam explain that to because when people get old, they become short tempered. Happy Worker say please don't say that to him when he come tomorrow. I say but it true because my Madam write it. I think she need go fast because head hurt. I do 2 ok job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fresh new blog today! How does Smile do it

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile is a factory of new ideas. It is a mystery how she does it. Just like it is a mystery how there are flowers in spring every year

      newbie

      Delete
  8. Dear Advisor,

    We went for our long walk today. Our walk, though very long for us, is nothing compared to the walks that you take. After the walk, we had our lollipop. As I have mentioned in the past that we call the reading of your blog as our lollipop, however there was a little bit of controversy about that today. The lady criticized the use of the word "lollipop" as she said that in her culture it is unhealthy. She prefer we call it desert. The other retirees who are in favour of using this term countered with the argument that by lollipop they mean delicious and sweet. As we were not being able to come to a resolution, the retired corporate executive suggested that we refer to you.

    The retired horticulturist led the reading of the blog today. He wanted to thank you for raising the awareness about this activity among your global readership. He pointed out that the way you have highlighted the hidden health benefits in your folksy style will perhaps make this activity more popular with the health professionals. The retired psychologist who also attend the readings agreed and asked us to set up a special committee to look into this blog as mental health is a concern and simple, easy to do tips, like gardening and watering plants etc from you can be a big help to the profession. We could not discuss it more as the Lady spent quite a bit of time in discussing the "lollipop" issue.

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the Smile Garden today. Smile Army, the fools that they are, thought that you wrote the blog for them because you talked about watering plants. We tried to correct them but Mrs. Lucy and Prof George asked us to not say anything. The Dean also agreed. He said that though the blog is for everyone and the benefit of the act of watering that you described are not exclusive and Smile Army are also benefiting from that. We then didn't push the issue

    The students are continuing to face challenges at home. In some cases, our parents insist that we pack our lunches when we go to work. Their thinking is that this will make us independent however to be honest we don't understand. They already are making lunches for themselves so whats the big deal if they make lunch for us. They also want us to be involved in decisions about buying furniture for the house etc but at the end, we know that they will only make the decision that they like and will ignore our preferences and recommendations as immature or childish. If they want to do it all, then why bother involving us.

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Smile is amazing! She is an amazing psychologist. She is an amazing advisor. She is an amazing councillor. She has amazing friends. What an amazing person my Smile is!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father say you yell father all time. Father say father go long walk today and very tire. Father say father very act. Father say father also pay food for Kris when Kris Niklas but now Kris need pay father food. Father say it good that you yell you doter and make her pay from her poket. Father say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say you kris good and no demand luv but get luv by do thing. Hannah say you do thing for all like you doter, you Niklas, you also do for you Kris, even when you Kris kris bad. Niklas say grandpapa make Niklas go walk driveway in morning and then afternoon. Niklas say grandpapa make Niklas stand behind nabor tree and then keep call 2 min to chek. Niklas say grandpap no walk in afternoon but sit in tree but make Niklas stand in sun for 1 hour. Niklas say Niklas head hurt because grandpapa wake Niklas with ice for 5:30 morning walk. And then make Niklas stand son for 1 hour in afternoon. Niklas say it very hot in Deutschland. Me yell Niklas because he play video all time and no act. Me say him that father old but more act because father no head hurt but Niklas head jurt because he no use do anything act. Niklas say he tire because son. Me say no do. He say do. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I am just banging my head against the wall. There is absolutely nothing which is working. I have tried to be kind, I have tried to be harsh, I have tried to be reasonable but it just is not working. And yet Smile wants us to be nice to everyone in this forum

      good job mrizvi. Great to let us know that this is a good blog. I dont know what we would have done if you would not have told us

      Delete
    2. Just caaaaaallllmmm down Plunker. Reeeeellaaax. Take a deep breath. Go for a walk. Or better still just read the blog again

      Thank you mrizvi. This is a good comment. You are doing an amazing job

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk