Mothers are Always Mothers








It was 1991, I went to see a physician

While taking my history

He asked about the number of children I have

My answer was five

Then he asked about any miscarriages, abortions

To both the questions my answer was one

He quickly did the calculations

And his answer to me was seven pregnancies

I could not believe that

I the highly educated lady of early sixties

Was responsible of making seven pregnancies

I was really ashamed of myself

Back home lot of kids are

Old fashioned and

Not a classy thing







My mother was much better than me

She was two decades before my time

Behaved in much civilized style

She had only five children

Although she was not educated at all

Never went to any school

No novels no short stories

No TV Dramas nothing

I had access of all these

But she was much better than me

In so many ways

Mothers are always mothers

We always can learn

From our mothers
















Comments

  1. "Of all the gifts that life has to offer, a loving mother is the greatest of them all."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mum :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk