It is ok to behave like a kid

  


June 11th 2023

Beautiful bright morning. Light drizzle is making atmosphere more scenic. I am walking on my deck, barefoot, to have a feel of rain water. It is amazing. Reminding me of my childhood period. Sometimes, we have to behave like a kid. Nothing wrong with that. My glasses are now becoming wet, foggy. I am going inside, will enjoy from there, through patio doors.

It is 10. 30, I am sitting in my room. My computer is switched on. Window blinds are drawn up. I am enjoying view of the world outside. Trees are loaded with green. Red wooden bench on the left, near Magnolia tree, is shining, washed and clean. Thanks to the rain.

I am going through my Facebook messages. My childhood, grade five friend, is now in Sydney, with her son family. She lives with her daughter, in Perth. Her flight was last morning. She was asking me for prayers.

Travel at our age, is not easy, very demanding. We have to sort things to take, we need just in case. Weather is not the only factor, while going to other place. Change of room, even change of bed, matters a lot at our age. We don't like to change things, we are used to. It is challenging, still we choose to go. 

Travel is the only option to see our kids and grandkids. They are busy with work and family. It is not their fault. We have to put ourselves into their shoes. At their age, at our time, we didn't have much time to see our parents. 

My daughter, the middle one, is calling me from Grimsby. It is afternoon at her place. I know, it will be a short call, just to connect, a brief chit chat. It is so nice of her to take some time off for her Mom. It is her weekend, she must  be busy, must have plans. 

One of my niece called me. She doesn't call often, just once a while. She told me about some of her activities. Writing poetries, publishing in online magazines. Going on excursion trips to track history and archaeology. With husband and her three daughters, this is great. She is a teacher, did her Masters in literature, in Covid days. 

Great idea to top her knowledge and boost her career. She is in her early forties. We got carried away, talking about all this, for nearly more than half an hour. I told you, when love is there and people are on the same wave length. Age doesn't matter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk