My Friend Black Squirrel still in Bed

 


Weather is great, beautiful morning sunny and bright. It is 7 C right now. I am done with my breakfast, sitting at my Deck, enjoying my morning cup of tea. I am sitting on my old favorite fiber knitted chair. This is the only one left out of four. Red garden chair, om my left, is looking great. My son got that from Canadian Tire, last year. Grass is lush green. My Friend the Black Squirrel is not here. May be still in bed. At this age kids have their own schedule. Sleeping late at night, getting up late in the morning. It is their time to enjoy life.

Scarlet Red, Rose pink and Deep Blue Hydrangea flowers looking beautiful in the flower bed, at the back of my back garden. My son planted all these, last evening. Some are still here, he will do that when have time. Nowadays he is busy with his Jury Duty. He has to go from 9 am to 5 pm, for six weeks. He was selected last week for that. Eleven more are there. Total twelve. No one was keen to do that. He was into it. He likes mystery and all such types of Shows / Movies. 

My back started giving me problems. It was real bad in the morning, much better now. Thanks to my Heating Pad and Hand Massager. Still not 100%. It will take a while, will be fine. Not to worry about. It is my age. What you expect with seventy plus old machinery. 

Yesterday our family friend invited us for BBQ dinner. I went there to enjoy my time. We have to avail any chance available to get out, to change the scenery, to make our day. It was good. Food is not so important. Atmosphere is everything, that matters. 

It is 11.15, I am sitting my room. No one home. It is an empty nest. Everyone is at work and school. My son is at Court House for his Jury Duty. 

My daughter, the middle one called me from Grimbsy. She was going home, back from work. It is already afternoon at her place. Her son not well, having fever. He has his GCSC exam tomorrow. She was worried for him. It reminded me of my time. When I was at her age. Family used to be everything.

Every stage of our cycle of life, is unique with it's own priorities. It's own obligations. Time flies. Kids grow up fast to fly away, leaving the nest empty. We have to value each and every moment. Moments go on slipping away, never to come back.

I am in my kitchen making banana strawberry smoothie. My son not here so making for myself only. I will make cup of tea, to enjoy later. I can see couple of birds enjoying their time, having chit chat, walking around in my back garden. It is a scenic view to enjoy, to cherish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk