Thinking of My Times in Scarborough Centre



 Bright beautiful morning. Nice day. Weather is great. It is 9.30, I am done with my breakfast, sitting in my room. My computer is switched on. I am browsing messages on my Facebook from family and friends. Not many friends left, just couple of. All gone. 

My friend, who used to live in London downtown, now living with her daughter in Netherland. It was tough for her to manage things by herself. She is not a computer person. Same is my other friend, who lives in Markham, twenty minutes from my place, Pickering. We use to call each other to keep our connections alive.

I get messages only from one of my friend, who lives with her daughter, in Perth, Australia. She used to write me every day. Nothing special. Just to chit chat, writing her day to day activities. It is lucky to have someone of your age, to talk to. They can relate, what we talk. She is not well for couple of days, had Covid.

Yesterday I went to see one of my friend. She now lives back home, moved to be with her eldest son. She was here for couple of weeks to attend her grandson's wedding, leaving on June 2nd. She is not in good shape. Having Alzheimer, repeating things. Talking mostly, not making any sense. 

When, she used to live here in Toronto, we enjoyed so much time together. Making plans to meet in Scarborough Town Centre, to enjoy our day. She has published couple of books, was Principal of a renowned high school, in her life time and now this. This is life. We never know, what we have to deal with, in our years to come. I was happy to see her. I don't think, we will meet again, in our life time. She looked happy too. 

Things change. Our health also, will not be the same. Try to avail and make use of whatever is there. Present moment is everything. Past is done, we can not turn the page. Done is done. Move on. Future, we don't know. Value the moments in hand. Live and let others, to live their own life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk