Cherry on top - Lucky me

  



August 18th 2023

It is a mixed sunny cloudy morning. I am in Grimsby, came two days ago from my grand daughter's place, Stratford. My daughter was there, with her husband, to accompany me to her home, Grimsby. They were back a night before from Switzerland, enjoying their one week holidays.

I started my journey from Kent on 15th morning. It was a working day, lots of traffic on the way so took one and half hour to Stratford. My grandson was driving, the other, younger one was sitting next to him. I was on the back seat, enjoying scenic view around, on the way. 

At 1.30, we were at my grand daughter's place, Stratford. She was working from home, stuck with meetings, still took some time off, in between, to take me around. Nice of her. We feel lucky to be with our kids and with grandkids, is like cherry on top.

My daughter and my grand daughter took me to "Westfield' mall, across. It is very famous, built at the time of London Olympic. It was ten minutes walk for me. They took me first to the Olympic areas, just to have a feel. I was fine, not too tired as I had a ten minutes break time at her place. 

We were at Westfield, at 2.30, after walking around some parts of Olympic areas. Had nice lunch together. My eldest grandson, son of my middle daughter, also came from Greenwich, from his work. The other two grandsons, who drove me from Kent were there too. Rare moments to cherish for me.

We started from Stratford at 5.15 pm. My daughter was sitting with me on the back seat. Her husband was driving, next to him was his younger son. It takes three and half hours to Grimsby. We stopped at Peterborough to take a break. I was at my next station, my another daughter's place. It was 9.30 night time. My room was ready, all set. I was feeling like, I am home, not in transit. To be around your loved ones, is something unique. I feel great, lucky. Thanks to God for keeping me mobile. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk