Old Friends like Cherry on Top

 

Beautiful sunny mornings for the last couple of days. It doesn't look like London. No rain, no cloudy mornings. It is 21 C, will be 25 later on. It is 10 am, I am done with my breakfast, walking around, in the back garden at my daughter's place, in Rochester. 

Nice breeze loaded with fragrance of beautiful, variety of flowers in the pots around. Red roses are giving me smile, to make my day. I am sitting on steel grey garden swing with canopy on top. Life is all good. No worries.

I met with my childhood friend on Tuesday, 8th of August. It was a long journey from Rochester to Finchley Road. Journey started from Dulwich. My son in law dropped me there, on the way to his work. I took bus # 3 to Victoria station, from there bus # 13 to Finchley, to my friend's place. One hour each location, total three hours travel time on buses and car. 

It was tiring and took long, still worth it. To see your loved ones, nothing looks tiring. You get happiness at the end of your journey. It worth it. My friend was waiting for me. It was drizzling all day so a bit messy to get off from one bus and to take another one, waiting in between. I have to to get flowers too for my friend. 

I didn't know the flower shop, asked couple of people around. That was the tough part of my trip, with two bags in my hands, walking in the rain. I like rain, still not comfortable, walking with my glasses all wet, hard to see. Anyway someone told me, it is five minutes walk to "Sainsbury", from there I can get flowers. 

I made it, got flower bouquet. Two bags with things for my overnight stay and flowers on top. It was not easy to walk. Rain was not heavy, just a light drizzle, still enough to make my glasses foggy. I found my friend waiting on the front door of her apartment. It looked to me that nothing happened on the way. Not long travel hours, no walk in drizzle with foggy glasses. No, nothing. 

We were sitting comfortably like old friends sharing our talks, having afternoon tea with cookies. Dinner was ready. She made dishes of my choice. Friends are friends and old friends are cherry on top. No replacement. I feel lucky. Moments to cherish, enjoyed my time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk