We Not Have Much To lose

 








Sunday -- Beautiful sunny cold morning with 4 C. It is 9.30, I am enjoying my morning tea, walking on my deck  in my back garden. Beautiful view all around. I can see two more than 20 Ft tall trees with mixed colors. One, on my right, of 15 Ft height, is full of orange leaves. All beautiful colors of red, bronze, gold, are scattered on the green of my garden. It is an amazing view to cherish.

Yesterday, after eight months, I went to Dollarama. I have to get some socks. My son was suggesting me to go to Walmart, but in big stores, it takes longer to enter, to find things and to line up in check outs. Small stores are like small communities, easy to interact.

I got pack of socks for four dollars. I picked some chocolates for my grand kids. Hair clips for myself. I took small sanitizer bottle with me to use after I was out of the store. I haven't forgotten to take my mask with me. It didn't take long there so enough time to go to lake after that.

It was beautiful over there. Wild flowers of all colors, purple, red, blue and yellow, all lined up by the side of lake. Fleet of white beautiful Swans marching graciously on the surface of sparkling blue water. It was amazing view to behold, to cherish. God is Great. He goes on giving us opportunities to enjoy our moments.

My laundry was in washer. I do it before having my breakfast so it could be done side by side. It is time to put my clothes in Dryer. I have small load, wont take long. It is 10. 50, my laundry is done. I am in my room with my computer, browsing Facebook messages and also enjoying the scenic view of my front garden from my window.

My daughters must be busy with their own things. Weekend has to be for family of their own. We parents have to keep that in mind. Limit our expectations. Have to be busy with our own activities. 

It is 11.30, time to go to kitchen to make banana shake for my son and for my own self. Never forget to give treats to yourself. It helps, works like oiling your body machine, boosts your mood and activates your body to go forward, to deal with things of the day.

I checked my table calendar, time to have hair shower. I don't wash my hair every day. Not much left, to lose. At our age, we have to be careful with what we have. Same is with our teeth, our physical strength and on top, keep in mind, our nerves not strong enough to deal with issues. 

We have to be careful with our patience level and try to stay away from unnecessary family disputes. Try not to trespass other people's personal territory. Respect everyone's emotions, so things go smooth with the household, we live in. 

Peace and harmony is in everybody's interest. everyone has to pitch in for that. Do your share and forget about others. Let them do what they want. We can not change others, we only can change our own selves. Focus on yourself and leave everyone alone. That works. 


Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. We had another clean-up last weekend for the Walk with Smile. The walk with Smile was so big that we had to do multiple clean-ups. The mayor is not happy because a lot of city's budget had to be used for doing clean-up after the walk. The councillor is trying to help . She pointed out that because there are people from so many different towns that it is good for our little town. The police officers who were there came without their uniforms as a respect to you. The town was covered in red and blue to represent your British heritage. There are some people who also Green because this is Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have posted the blog in all notice boards in lobbies A, B, C and D

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SWN was fantastic. We took the nature trail again today because it is easy to social distance there. Smile has made us look at nature with different eyes

      Cleo

      Delete
    2. SWS was fun too. We continue to talk about the Smile blog and her kindness to her readers.

      Tiara

      Delete
  3. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome advisor! She is an awesome councillor. She is an awesome writer. She is an awesome friend to readers family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you please write something for me because I read every day.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost the race to post the blog in our corporate notice boards.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in early so was able to post the blog. There was a box of SDs there but no donut for poster today

      Craig

      Delete
    2. I wait 45 min but no able wait more as I need go job 2. I sorry. I only get fresh donut because this Smile donut. They need fresh like blog

      SA

      Delete
  6. Dear Madam Smile, you so good. You write good to. I go Happy Worker and say her how you. She say I busy and need finish work. I say you want know how me? She say yes but please make it short because I need finish lot and no time. I say I always give short answer. She say ok that good. I say I very anger because Madam son want take Madam Walmart. She say yes that no good idea because we need be careful. I say yes he also take Madam to lake. It very cold, like 4C. Happy Worker say yes but I think Madam Smile like some outdoor activity. I say yes but he need take her warm place not cold because my Madam no good eater and very thin. Not like you because you fat and you no mind cold place because you have lot layers of fat to protect you. I think Happy Worker remember some important work and go fast. I do 2 proud job and alway read blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Author,

    We did not go for our long walk today because it was very cold, like 15C. We went to the reading of the blog

    The Smile with Smile program committee wanted to express their gratitude to you for sharing so much details in your blog from last week. They said that they are still going through the blog in more detail to dissect it and analyze the finer details. The retired author smiled and said that your style is to touch on few things and not provide the boring details

    The committee for religious tolerance had their inaugural meeting today. We set up this committee after your blog from 2 weeks ago about the need for racial and religious harmony. Your hindu friends were not in agreement initially but then they agreed because they said that India is a secular country and you want religious and racial harmony also. The meeting started with Indian anthem in your honour. Your Indian compatriots also brought up a big poster of Senator Kamala Harris. They are planning to have a big poster for every blog reading. The temple priest insisted that they start with their prayers. The hijab lady then talked about some of their leaders and gave everyone a long history lesson. The retired priest and the other non temple people didnt like it but they didnt react because you instructed them to be tolerant.

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another new topic and new blog! How can Smile do it

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile is a factory of ideas. So expect a new one every day

      newbie

      Delete
  9. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the SRC today. The Dean and Prof George were very concerned after the blog reading was completed. The Dean was heard saying to Prof George that she is such a great author and a truly fine human being but she has got a son who is a little bit too reckless. Another senior professor joined the discussion and said that how can he even think about taking Smile to Walmart during these times. Prof George said that he probably needed to get something so thought it is easier that way. Smile Army heard some of this and started yelling slogans against him.. The Dean looked concerned and said that the classes are getting disturbed but they didnt listen. One Smile Army volunteer brought a big cake which said "East and West. Smile is the BEST". This distracted the idiots and we all enjoyed the cake

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Smile is amazing. She is an amazing positive person. She is an amazing writer. She is an amazing counsellor. She has an amazing family. What an amazing person my Smile is

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say father and Kris keep call and ask Hannah come back from parent house but Hannah no go back because you no say so. Hannah parent say leave Kris but Hannah no want do because you no say. Hannah say Hannah no happy with brother because he take you lot kool place and take you in kris store. Hannah say you good idea that you go niklas store and not kris store. Hannah say you please care you. Me say Hannah come back but she say no come until you say come. Me say but father very sad but Hannah say she wait for you order. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What the hell! I dont care. I thought I will write like a kid today as it may make a difference. I know, I know ....

    Good job mrizvi. Thanks for writing your comment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmm down Plunker. Just take it easy

    Cool comment mrizvi. You write good kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Based on the depth and breadth of the topics, we are not astounded by the need for the retired ladies and gentlemen to establish various subcommittees. Prior to leading your online journals, we thought that we were somewhat literate however these dissertation put us in our place. The inordinate amount of time that we spend researching the topics that you write so fluently about tells us that we have a lot to learn. Please dont misunderstand us, we are not complaining and critiquing your work, we are merely pointing out our shortcomings.

    Aside from the potency of the material that you share, I think it will be dishonest of us not to highlight the fluency of your writings. As one of the Professor pointed out, you have a way with words which can bring the entire scene to life. Your folksy flair is also very adept in taking a very complex topic and presenting it in such simple form, that even a layman like us can grasp its meaning.

    All in all, we appreciate you writing for us regularly and not complaining when we dullards a little slow to keep pace

    thank you for making our day so much brighter

    Dave and Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dave and Linda,

      It good that you read Madam blog but you misunderstand Madam no write journal. I know Madam write very complicate English too. Let me know if you want me help you. I no help if you no ask as I no supose talk blog. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk