I am at Tim Hortons

 

March 7th 2023

Beautiful morning. Sun is shining up and above, in full bloom. It is cold, feels like 13 C below zero with gust around 60 Km. Couple of days back, there was a big snow storm. We had 30 Cm of the white stuff. Now heaps of snow is all around. Glass top of my garden table, is loaded with a thick slab of ice. March already started, I think, that's it, we won't be getting any more of snow. We are done for the year. Hope so.

It is 9.30, I am sitting now in my room with my computer, going through  Facebook messages from friends and family. Today, I have to do two loads of laundry, also have to change my bed sheets. I believe family and friends, always come first. My laundry can wait. 

One of my grade five childhood friend, lives with her daughter in Perth, Australia. She writes message to me every day. I make sure to answer her back, first thing in the morning. I believe old connections, old friends, are like jewels, have to be handled with care and are priority.

I feel lucky to have two more friends from my time. One of them, is my grade seven, school friend, used to live in the heart of downtown London. I still remember her address, at Regent street. I used to go to her place to spend time together, sometimes to stay at her place for couple of days. I have memories of going together to museums, to Kew garden, roaming around Oxford street and eating out, to enjoy our time. 

Time flies. She moved to Netherland, to live with her daughter. At our age, not easy to handle things, living alone. She is not a computer person, though she did her Doctorate degree from British Medical Institute. I remember, she took me to British Medical cafeteria, we enjoyed High tea, together.  

One of my friend from my college days, lives in Markham, twenty minutes away from my place, Pickering. We did our Masters degree from the same Uni. It was around more than half a century back. She doesn't drive, neither me. We use to make calls to chit chat, to revive our memories and to talk about things of our common interest.

We have to value our old connections. They can not be replaced. Respect their emotions, their thoughts, their opinions, to preserve these relationships. We have to keep these connections alive, while living miles away. Have to make calls, keeping in mind that, the time for the person, on the other side, is not too early of the day, neither, too late. 

Sometimes, time is right, still, he/she, not in a mood to have a long conversation. We people are humans, not robots. Anything can trigger our emotions, results into our mood swings. Our body language is the face of our personality, and our tone, while we are on the phone. 

It is 11.30, one load of my laundry is in dryer. I will put, my other load into  washer. Now time to get ready for my walk. It is 13 C below zero, I will dress up in layers, with my gloves, my long winter coat. I will be fine, will take my red woolen Stole on top. 

It is 11.45, I am at Tim Hortons, enjoying my time alone slot, my small coffee and one old style donuts. Here it is a festive atmosphere. Students from the nearby Dunbarton high school, are all around, enjoying their time with company of their choice. I am enjoying too. Life is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk