Genie comes in Stories not in real life

 


March 14th 2023

Beautiful sunny cold, windy morning. Snow is all around. It is 17 C below zero, wind gusts around 60 km/h. I was planning to go for my walk to Tim Hortons, to enjoy my coffee and my time alone slot. I think, it is too risky to walk. I don't mind cold, but it is too windy to walk. Sometimes things not in our favor. We have to keep our plan two ready, to switch. Nothing is end of the world. 

I have to do one small load of my laundry. I did my bed sheets and towels laundry yesterday, so don't have to worry about that. I am done with talks to my daughters. Two of them, my youngest one from Reading and my middle one from Kent, made a group call. They talked about their school matters, to share with me. I enjoyed. You feel good when kids talk about their own matters, it looks, you are still part of your kids lives. You feel lucky.

I was thinking, for couple of days about the people from my work place, nearly more than a quarter century back time period. It was great time, couple of my colleagues were like family to me. Some are gone, some moved with their kids to other places. I tried to locate Mail and phone numbers of some of them, to renew contacts. It took lots of time and effort. I think when  you want to do anything, there is always a way to succeed. When there is a will, there is always a way. I got their numbers.

It was very late at their place, not a good time to talk. I messaged to them. They called me right away. We talked about the old days, we spent together. It is lucky to find people from your era. They are not of my age. They are much younger to me. One still working, another one retired last year. They talked about their family to share with me. We were part of the same office, I was there, years back. We Have so much to share, to talk about. I am so happy to get connected with the people of my time period. 

Life is like a trail, an unpaved path with bushes around. There will not be any Genie, to make our day. It happens only in stories, not in real life. We have to pick flowers of happiness from everywhere around, to make our day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk