I Have People Around

 






Tuesday -- Beautiful bright morning of late November. Snow is everywhere on the ground but melted away from trees. Cottony flowers of trees, are no more there. Yesterday temperature was in plus. This is all it's fault. Red wooden bench still covered under heap of snow, but not embedded anymore. 

It is garbage day in our neighborhood. I can see the big truck collecting the Green bin things. Our Green bin day is once a week, on Tuesdays but garbage will be done on alternate weeks, twice a month. Paper and bottles go, on Green bin days. 

I salute all these front line workers, snow, rain or whatever is there. They never miss their days. I can see big brown paper bags full of raked leaves. I don't remember, collection days for that. This is my son's department anyway. None of my business. Why to worry. 

It is 10.30, I am in my room. Browsing Facebook messages and also enjoying the outside view, to get connected. My daughter, the middle one, just called from Grimsby. She is now out of her quarantine period. Thanks to everyone's prayers.

She was busy with work and her family matters. So much backlog to sort out. My son is going out to get something for his middle son's computer, from "Best Buy". I am getting ready to go with him. We have to avail every opportunity, to get out, to change our scenery. 

Change is always good, it helps to change our attitude, our outlook, our thinking. We start looking at things from different perspective, with a positive one. Going out is not the only choice. We can change our spot at our place too. We ca switch places, from our room to kitchen, to our balcony. Try to get busy with things to do, it will help you to change your attitude too.

Change is more important for people of our age. At other ages of our cycle of life, we are busy with school and with our working at work places. Our mind is focus on our work to do. We have no free time to fill in with negative thoughts.

After our working period is done and we are retired, we start thinking in negative direction. We have so much spare time and no plans. Keep your day plan ready beforehand to get busy.

I checked my table calendar, it is time for me to do my hair color too. I will do that after I will be back from the "Best Buy" store trip. I also have to make some calls. I talk to my younger brother every day. He lives in Whitby with her daughter's family. Whitby is 30 minutes away from my place, Pickering. 

I also have to call my elder brother's wife. She lives in Aurora, 40 minutes away from my place. Calls are important to keep connections alive, especially at this time of Covid. It boosts our personality and adds up our confidence. We start thinking that we are not alone. There are people around to talk to, to connect.

I am all set, ready to go with my son. He will be busy with picking up things from store. I will walk around to enjoy my own time alone slot. "Best Buy" store is 15 minutes from my place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk