Cake, Card and Flowers

 



It is another hot, humid day with 26 C, feels like 36, will be 40 C afterwards. Doesn't look like Canada. At some places, in Vancouver and in British Columbia, it is 50 C and on top, there is no Air Conditioning. They never needed that. It used to be cold, most of the times, with very short summer.

I remember, we got our first fan in Toronto, in 1993. Toronto was the same. Very short summer, not many hot days. Now we have full air conditioning in our houses. Things are totally different due to change in climate. It is morning, I have to switch on my fan, on top of AC. 

Cases are going down in our province, Ontario. We hope things will open up soon. We are now use to this lockdown situation, not so keen to go for indoor dining. Everything looks fine. Only Barbers, we missing out. Kids, for sure need their haircuts. That's it. We Humans are amazing creatures, can make adjustments, so easily.

My daughter, the middle one, called from Grimsby. Her daughter is engaged, wedding will be in October. She is excited, busy with looking for venues. It is good, my daughter is done with her school. She now have time for making plans for the arrangements. Her elder daughter is Autistic, in "Home", in London. It will be the first wedding for her family. May she be able to get all the happiness in her life, in years to come. Amen.

My eldest grandson has done with his Ivy Degree. He got his degree by Fed Ex, yesterday. Twenty five years back his father, my son, got his Masters Degree from the same Uni. The Western Uni, London. Ontario. History repeats itself, looks true sometimes.

 Today is my grandson's birthday too, so we are planning to do some Balloons and other decorations to surprise him. We will order food from outside. For gift, we don't know, what to give. It is tough nowadays, to decide. Not like that, in our times. Kids are on computer and internet, don't care about things. We will ask him, give him our budget, he can decide. 

My son and my daughter in law are gone to get get cake and other stuff for the Big event, in the evening. It is big day in their life, their eldest one, is done with his education, got his degree. What else parents dream. I think, enough to make their day. We have to hide things from him, to make sure, not to spoil the surprise factor. Let's see, how things go. Always have to hope for the best. 

Today I have to miss my trip to lake. Who cares. One of my grand daughter is engaged, going to open up a new chapter of the story book of her life. One of my grand son, is done with his school, will enter the next era of his life. I think, he is mature enough, to deal with exploring the practical aspects of the cycle of his life. I wish him all the best.

We parents and grand parents, have to feel lucky, to see our kids, to flourish, to prosper. They are our off shoots, our future, our pride. We have to give them space and provide privacy, to grow, to be confident, to take steps, to decide, what will be the best for them, to proceed. All the best for our youth. May God look after them, while they are taking steps, to enter in the next phases, opening up the new chapters of their lives. Ameen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk