Arranged Marriages


Arranged Marriages

                in southeast Asia






To me,marriages in the Developing countries, was a very sound system, the couple living for their whole life together, divorces are rare, family united, all positive. Bingo.
Just after a couple of years of my migration to Canada, I am confused.
I can not say much about that system, which I so much believed in, to me it is a story of total sacrifice from the girl's side only.

It is strong belief in Muslims, that as soon as a girl becomes mother, she is something Great and under her feet, it is like a paradise ie. the place under her feet becomes a sacred place and she is now a very respected figure in the sight of God

Girls of the developing world in their heart of heart, try to console themselves, thinking that for all these sacrifices, they will get their reward on Dooms Day.

From the day of marriage, girls consider themselves, like a warrior, or like a Saint, struggle hard to keep their marriage working at any cost.

If an average life is sixty, and she is married at age of 20, then the struggle period will be double and so on.

Throughout my life I was against women'lib, here in Canada, being in contact to various cross section of people, of various ages, cast and creed, I am trying to rethink that matter.

I am confused, what should be right, what should be wrong.
I think must be in between, but where is that in - between.

Where you will draw the line. I don't know

Who knows ?



Comments

  1. I think respect and understanding apply in every relationship. one thing I learnt from desi marriages is that the first 10-20 years wife gives lots sorts of sacrifices, showing lots of understanding but after that women are more close to children and husbands start spending more time in front of tv than wife ;)
    surveys shows that elderly men are more lonely than elderly women because women keep social circle and busy with kids, men don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, however the girls of the new generation has learned where to draw that line
    Good for them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk