Feel Lucky Not Lonely Not Alone






  It is 9.15 morning. I am done with my breakfast, sitting in my room. My computer is switched on, in front of me, to browse Facebook messages, to connect with my family and friends. Window blinds are drawn up, to connect with the world outside. I feel lucky, not alone, not lonely. 

My daughter, the middle one, called from Grimsby. She was going home, done with her work, was picking her son from school. Day is nearly done at her place. She lives in different time zone. England is five hours ahead of the time in Toronto.

I got message from my childhood grade five friend. She lives in Perth, Australia, at other side of the world. She writes to me every day. Nothing special. We share day to day routine matters, to keep our connection alive. Nowadays, she is not in a good shape. Not having good night sleep. Facing the problems of our age. 

Sharing is communicating with the person, you trust. It doesn't solve the problem but lowers down the intensity level, the gravity of the situation. The person facing the problem, feels somewhat relaxed. He feels that he is not alone, there is someone there, to share. He has someone's shoulder to hold on. He starts feeling like, there is light at the other end of my tunnel. I will not be stuck with my problems forever. This too shall pass. It is just a phase. 

Sharing matters a lot at every stage of our life. When we share our moments of happiness and success. We start feeling that we are not alone to celebrate, there are others too, who are part of our special moments. Same is with the moments of our grief, the difficult moments of our lives, we want to be with someone, to share.

We Humans are social animals, like to be with people around. But to share our special moments, we need special people, the people we trust. Don't share with everyone, it can backfire. Not everyone is willing to be part of our lives, will be interested to all that. Moments special for us, doesn't mean anything for others. Only our loved ones can have a feel for that, can relate relate to us. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk