I Salute You February

 






Tuesday -- Cold cloudy morning with 9 C below zero. White dust everywhere. More snow to come. Weather channel showing, it is on the way. What you expect my dear. It is Canada and on top, February is getting closer. Not a week away. 

I still remember, the time around more than quarter a century back. I was in Ottawa, in the land of ice. Snow floating in lake, even in the month of May. My son was busy with his Masters and his work at "Nortel".

To pass my time, I joined Oxfam, Immigration Centre and volunteered in Carlton Uni. Started some courses. My teacher asked about the month and date. It was month of February. She started giving a bleak picture of the month of February. 

According to her, this is the month of family disputes, separations and divorces. This month looks, like a tunnel with no light. I remember all that. But I don't agree with all this. 

Weather and people around, matter a lot in our life. Still, I believe that thinking positive is the key to lead a happy life. It keeps us away from  disputes and helps to go on the right track. I don't believe in, no lights at the end of tunnels. I believe, there is always light at the end of tunnel. 

Our thoughts are very important. What we think, we start believing. Keep your day plan ready, to live in day tight compartment. Leave no space for negative thoughts. Things will be fine. Take one day at a time and you don't have to worry. 

Anyway, it is great beautiful, here. I am done with my breakfast, sitting in my room with my friend, my computer. Blinds of my windows, are drawn up. I am enjoying the scenic view. White dust is showering from up and above. 

Snow started to change the entire scenario. My front garden is no more a garden, looks like a blank white piece of land. Grass is covered under the white blanket. Skeleton trees, looking beautiful, with white Christmas like  decorations. 

I don't believe, February is bleak. It not here yet, still started delivering so much to enjoy for we Canadians. Nothing is good or bad. Our thinking makes it so. Thank you February. I salute you for making our days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk