Customers Always Come First

 







Tuesday -- Beautiful morning sunny and cold 13 C. It is 9.15. I am done with my breakfast, enjoying my morning tea, walking around on the deck, in my back garden. It is slightly cold but not much, I am not wearing jacket. 

I am planning to do things for the day. Have to do laundry of my clothes and towels. Not a big load, it is just a medium one. I will start now. My daughter, the middle one, called me from Grimsby. She was going back from Lincoln Uni. It is one hour drive from her place. She has to pick first her son up from school before going home.

She calls me to have chit chat, nothing important. She was planning to have a get together of her friends. They used to do that on monthly basis. Because of Covid situation, she has to work around that. She planned to have two tables, each with six people. Everyone was looking forward to have something to get out. 

We have to do things keeping in mind the directives. The distancing and other measures which are required. 

My youngest daughter was just back from her work, going to pick her son from school. She was busy with things, messaged me to call after 5 pm her time, in London. That is 12 after, Toronto time. It doesn't matter, how far we live, may be in different time zones, we can still connect. Connection depends on your mental equation. You have to be on the same wave length. 

Sometimes living together doesn't mean anything. We feel apart, don't feel to connect. Talks I think, are like an urge to connect. We can not avoid, can not skip that strong feeling, rooted deep down somewhere inside our emotions, compelling us to go for that. 

But sometimes we connect just out of some obligation. Out of social pressure, we think it is our duty to do that. Sometimes we connect out of fear. We think it is too long, we haven't talked. Now might lead to our break up. End of our relationship.

Sometimes we talk to give some big News, brief talk, we consider as it is our duty, to deliver that message to that person at the other end. Sometimes we talk just to fulfill our formality. 

When we like to have chit chat, this is an instinct from the bottom of our heart to push our mind to connect with the other seeking soul. This is a bilateral act. The person at the other end is equally eager to connect. This is based on a bilateral virtual bond of trust. 

Here too, we have to take certain matters into account. Make sure that person is right to have chit chat, to share with our informal, casual talks. With no censorship required. The other main point is the timing. Make sure the time is right for the person, we like to have chit chat. 

He is busy so person is our right choice but wrong timing. He is busy not in a mood. We have to sense his tone. Our body language acts like a report card, displays our inside weather. I believe our tone is key, displays our inside emotional data account. 

Tone is a measuring scale, where we can have a reading of how far, we can go. It notifies the limitations. It acts like a tool, to determine how to give back our response. Variation in tone limits our time slot allocation. It clarifies the timings and mood of the person, we are intending to have chit chat.

We never have to push others to make to do things. Let them take the lead. Don't have to pressurize. Wait for them to feel relaxed, to take their time. Take the other person like your customer and customers always come first, they are priority. No matter what we have to respect their emotions, their feelings.


Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in the Smile Corner. We are still celebrating the court’s decision that came a few days ago. The customers are planning a big parade on the weekend. I am calling it “Smile Parade: but some local customers are saying that it should be called “Walk with Smile”, and the out of towners are calling it “Smile with the People’s Author ”. There is a lot of arguments and discussions about this. The councillor stepped in today said that we should leave it to you as we are having the parade because of you. The priest does not want the parade. He is saying that all people should come to his sermon but customers are not interested. I am not sure if you have got my messages but the parade is because of your help in securing the decision in our favour. The Smile Corner would have been shut down but when the Councillor and I took your letter to the judge, it changed everything. The judge thought that we come for more legal arguments but the Councillor was able to convince the judge that we have your letter for him. After reading the letter judge immediately changed his tone. I already told you about this in detail so I am sorry for repeating it. I wish the priest would have come but he did not join us. Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost the race to post the blog on our corporate notice boards. It was already posted when I got there. Of course, there was also a box of fresh SDs with a note from SA

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in early today and posted the blog. Of course the SDs were already there. Plus one additional donut for the poster

      Marg

      Delete
  3. This blog is my lifeline. Thanks for writing it

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome dart player. She is an awesome advisor! She is an awesome writer. She has awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have posted the blog in all notice boards in lobbies A, B, C and D

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are out of copies of recipe blog in Lobby D

      Delete
    2. I already put an extra pile this morning so I am surprised that all copies have gone. I will put additional copies in all lobbies

      Jummy

      Delete
    3. Hi Jimmy, most people take multiple copies of the blog. I think that's why we run out so quickly

      Peter

      Delete
    4. I have put extra copies of the recipe blog in all lobbies again as the 2nd pile was also starting to get low

      Jimmy

      Delete
  6. SWS was a hoot. We decided to go on the nature route. As usual, we talked about today's blog. Of course with masks.

    Tiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SWN was fun too. For our walk participants, we talked about the recipe. Even with masks, these walks are fun

      Cleo

      Delete
  7. Dear Madam Supervisor, you so good. You write good too. I go Supervisor job 2 and say him that job worker 2 need get job. He say why you keep talk about her every day. I say because job worker 2 remind me all time that she get cake and she help get job back. Supervisor 2 say that he busy and need go. I say but I your customer. He say what you mean. I say my Madam explain in blog that take other person like your customer and customers always come first. My Supervisor get virus and voice get bad so I go. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Advisor,

    The retired communication expert led the reading of the blog. The retired mental health expert also wanted to read as she said that your blog is about mental health but the retired communication expert got more votes. Reading the blog is the highest honour for retirees. The retired author was going through the blog when someone other gentleman in the audience pointed out that your style is like that of James Heriott. The gentleman came to buy coffee at the cafe and was going out when he overheard us reading the blog and your tone made him wait and listen to the entire blog. He stayed for another coffee and the store manager was kind enough to offer him the Smile discount. The hospital administrator was expected to come but she did not show up probably because of the increase in Covid 19 cases.

    The retired priest and the hijab lady were here. They wanted to discuss their perspectives however we suggested to them that we will form a committee to discuss religions issues. The hijab lady protested that the temple priest should also be allowed to attend but we reminded her that he does not come to the readings. The issue was getting out of hand, your temple people, I mean the Hindu priest said that he will discuss the attendance issues with them later. As I mentioned to you, your temple people are now incharge of the discussion component of the reading. They convinced everyone last week that as you are one of them, they should be the one incharge. Some retirees dont like it but out of respect for you and your compatriot, they reluctantly agreed to this arrangement

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the SRC today. The Smile Army again brought cake and coffee for everyone. They were originally not planning to bring anything but we tricked them and reminded them that you talked about kindness a couple of blogs ago. The fools then ended up getting us cake. After the reading of your blog, Prof George took 2 copies of your recipe blog as he usually does. He again insisted that the Smile Army take some money but the idiots refused because they thought it is donation. The Dean was not pleased because he said that it is very expensive for the Smile Army

    The students are getting a really hard time from their parents. They keep talking about politics and old jokes. It is so lame

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father say father very bore because no here. Father say father no no why you say Hannah go parent house because now no come when father ring bell. Father say father old almost 67

    (Me go Hannah parent but Hannah say she no come if you no say come. Me say Niklas you come but Niklas say he no want come. Me say what about you skool. Niklas say he go skool from Hannah parent house. Me say but that very far. Niklas say it no problem because he do skool on computer. Me say father no want do party. Niklas and Hannah say they no care. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Come ON! What is this ! Just give me a break - will yeah! I know .. I know ....

    Thank you mrizvi. Brilliant comment - again

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmm down Plunker, just calm down.

    Fantatic job kiddo. You are bang on. How did you know that this is a good blog! You are right though

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Smile is amazing. She is an amazing author. She is an amazing advisor. She is an amazing listener. She has an amazing family. What an amazing my Smile is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk