They are back from the South



 February 20th 2024

Sunny, bright beautiful morning, not so cold, just 6 C below zero. Snow is all around. There was snow storm here, in Toronto, couple of days ago. Thick slab of ice on the glass top of my steel garden table, is looking great under sunlight. I think, snow is done for this year. Summer is just around the corner. Time to get out, to hit the roads, go to trails and lakes.

I was busy in kitchen, making carrot desert and milkshakes. My Tuesdays are off, I don't have to go to work. Carpet bowling also started so, my Thursdays are busy too. Carrot desert takes time so I did it today. It is my son's favorite. 

To put smile on the faces around, is great. It gives great satisfaction when you feel that people need you. Their smile is their acknowledgment. It gives you assurance that you did your job well. 

To pitch in at the household, we live in, is a must. I take it like that. It maintains relationships with the people, we share the premises. It is always give and take, in all relationships. Nothing works one sided.

It is 12.30, I am done with the work in my kitchen. I have to make couple of calls. One of my community friend's husband is sick for months. I call her at least once a week. People need support at their difficult time. We have to be supportive. Calls will give them assurance that they are not alone to face all that. We are here to share. It will help to ease out their pressure level.

We just have to listen whatever they want to share. Sometimes people don't open up. We don't have to be inquisitive. Our motto is, to let them relaxed, not to add up their pressure. Give them time to talk, try to listen patiently. 

Listening is a great skill, needs lots of patience. I read somewhere that, our first job depends sixty percent on our listening ability. At the time of listening, we have to be into it. 

It is 12.45, I am getting ready to go to Tim Hortons. I take it like my second home. I have to pick my light winter coat, gloves and woolen stole. 

We Canadians have variety of winter coats, light, medium and heavy ones. We check weather to figure out, what to wear to go outside. I am at Whites Road, beautiful atmosphere. I see couple of birds. I think, now they are back from South of the Border. Great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk