Sentiments matter not Pricey Gifts

 


February 13th 2024

I just woke up, today starting my day a bit late. We Humans are not robots. Our bodies take their own turn, do what they like. It is snowing right now. Weather looks like a roller coaster. It is Tuesday, I don't have to go to work. I usually go for my walks, when I am off from work. Let's see how weather goes. For now, going downstairs to kitchen, to make oatmeal porridge for my breakfast. 

It is 10.30, my daughters calling me from Kent, Grimsby and Reading. They call me during day time. They have one week school break. In England, they don't have two months long holidays, like here in Canada. They have short breaks after every six weeks. I think, that is a good idea. Students have time to refresh, must be feeling energetic to focus on studies. 

My daughter, the eldest one calls me at night. She is in Edmonton, two hours behind the time in Toronto. She is not in school, works online, has her own day routine. I am done with talking to my daughters. They have couple of days off, so many tasks are waiting to be done this week. Malls and Markets are open till 6 pm, over there. It is already afternoon for them. 

They were in hurry. One has to go for her glasses. The other, my youngest one, was going to get small gifts to surprise her kids. Her kids are working, one is married too. I think, there is no age limit and price for gifts. We only value sentiments. 

My daughter has done her teaching degree, got job for that recently. Her kids were very supportive throughout, the time of her studies. She wants to surprise them, sort of acknowledgement for their love and for being so considerate. I think, it is a good idea.

Acknowledgements are must, to propagate relationships. Don't have to get pricey things. Your gesture of love and to be thankful, matters only.  

It is 11.30, I am ready to go. Snow just stopped. Sun is shining up and above, to make our day brighter. Thank you my friend, to be there, not only for we humans, for all the Creatures big and small. Thank you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk