Gifts are Souvenirs, like Relics

 

February 3rd 2024

Beautiful morning bright and sunny. Not below Zero temperature. Today, I started my day a bit late. My body was not listening to me. It was not her fault. Last night my sleep was not good, she must be tired. I won't blame her.

I go to bed at around 12, midnight. That is my routine. Last night, after having some sleep, I woke up at 1.45, wide awake. At that time, we have no option, instead of tossing on bed, waiting for back to sleep. Just try to get busy with anything to distract yourself. 

I think, sleep is like butterfly. The more we try to catch, it will keep on running away. Just relax, stay calm, it will come back to you. To calm yourself down, you have to distract yourself. 

Get busy with anything. I sit down with my computer. It is like my friend, always there for me. Give yourself some time and sleep will come back to you. You don't have to run after.

I have couple of invitations today, lucky me. Two of my friends invited me in the afternoon. They live nearby. One invitation is for dinner tonight, it is twenty minutes away. 

It is 10.30, I am done with my breakfast. Weather is great, I have to get ready for my walk. Enough time for the afternoon invitations. Why to waste time, sitting down beside computer, watching shows, playing scrabble and card games. I can do that, some other time. 

I am ready to go. My fawn color sweater, I got for my Mom, years back, is now with me, after she is gone. I am wearing that underneath my black winter coat. Red woolen stole, my Senior club friend knitted for me, is my favorite. I am having that beside my flowery silk scarf. My daughter in law got me that scarf, from Egypt, while coming back from her holiday trip. Gifts are like souvenirs, like relics. 

I am all set for my walk. Beautiful view around, to behold. Looks like, Skeleton trees are trying to get back to life. Squirrels are walking around, enjoying their time, some having chit chat with friends. 

It is 11.15, I am at Tim Hortons. It is like my second home to enjoy my time. I am enjoying my time alone slot. My small coffee with three fourth of hot water, three creams and one sugar. Now I will start writing my Blog. Writing blog for me, is like talking to my readers. 

It is a festive atmosphere at Coffee House. People are sitting with company of their choice, enjoying their time. Drive through is also very busy.

I am glad, made a right decision, to get out. To enjoy outdoors. Sometimes we have to give credit to our own self. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone keeps on pointing finger at you. We don't have to point at ourselves. We deserve credit sometimes. It elevates our will power, helps out mood swings. Try to do that once a while. Trust me, you will feel good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk