I am in the Rink, not retired



 December 30th 2023

To All My Dear Readers

Happy New Year 2024

It is Saturday, last weekend of year 2023. Windy cloudy morning. Sun is not awake. He may start his day later. Like so many other people, he is also enjoying his weekend. Everyone at my place, are sleeping too. Just me and my son are up. 

I am having my breakfast, sitting in my eat in kitchen, beside patio doors. It must be raining early morning. My deck is all wet, washed and clean. Grass is lush green. My garden is looking great. 

My friend, Black Squirrel is busy with his work outs on the wooden fence of my garden. He is also an early riser. I am enjoying all that and the view of my back garden. 

It is 10.15, I am in my room with my computer switched on, browsing my Facebook messages. Messages are great to keep us connected with our family and friends, with our loved ones.

I am getting ready to go for my walk. I just checked weather. It is not too cold, still have to dress up in layers. It is better to be safe, to keep track of your health and safety. 

At our age, most of the things, we have, are gifts. I think, our friends and family, must be aware that we don't have much time left. We are at the last leg of our life. They keep on showering gifts, to make us feel good. So nice of them. We have to appreciate their gesture. I am all set with gloves, stole and wearing my favorite maroon sweater underneath my long black coat. 

It is 11.30, I am at Tim Hortons, it is like my second home. I go to library, to play Darts. I take library as my work place. We have to trick ourselves to be happy. It matters a lot specially, when we are retired. We believe that we are still in the "Rink", not retired anymore. 

I am sitting at my favorite spot at Coffee house. it is a festive atmosphere here. I am enjoying my time alone slot, my small coffee with three fourth hot water and one " Dream Cookie".

Cookie is with smarties all over. I think, that's why, it is called Dream Cookie. I am having a bit of the cookie, the rest of it, I will take home for my youngest grandson, my Slurpee Boy. Nowadays he is watching his diet. This much will be enough for him.

We pass through various stages of our life. when we are kids, we don't care about anything else, just have to enjoy our time. When we get older, we start tracking things to figure out, checking our health and body related matters. We just don't go for everything. This is human nature.

Today is 30th of December. Tomorrow will be the last day of  year 2023. Day after, be the first day of New year 2024. People will be all excited. Big plans to welcome New Year. Making ambitious targets to meet, like we do every year. 

We have to be realistic while making list of, "Things to do". Don't have to push ourselves. Don't have to be carried away. Try to stay calm. Just relax and do what you can.  


Dear friends, I was carried away. Today's Blog is too long. I am sorry. Next time, will be careful. To err is human. God loves those, who forget and try to forgive. Hope you will understand and forgive me. Thanks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk