Time to hit Roads and Waters



Dear Readers

Happy Easter
to all my friends who
celebrate

 April 4th 2023

It was raining early morning, still cloudy, hazy sky. Sun is hiding, I think still in bed. It is 9 C, feels much colder, like 5 C. It is Tuesday, I don't have to go to work. I am off today. Checking my table calendar to have a look at, "Things to do" list. My laundry is done day before. Hair already washed, not to worry about. Have to make couple of calls.

I will call one of my Uni friend. She lives in Markham, 20 minutes away from my place, Pickering. She doesn't drive, neither me. We make call, keep our connection alive. We just chit chat, talk about the things of our common interest. It is lucky to have people of about our age, of our time. We can talk about our era, about the time spent together. They can relate, what we talk. 

It is 11.15, my daughters calling me from Grimsby, Kent and Reading. They live in different parts of England, make sometimes conference calls. I can connect and talk, same time to all three of them. It is nice of them. They have school holidays, still busy with their own families. It matters a lot for we parents.

It is 12.15, I am getting ready for my walk. I am all dressed up in layers. Black sweater is underneath my long warm coat. This black sweater was gifted, years back from one of my grandson. I was in Grimsby, visiting my daughters in England. I have my gloves on, also taking my grey and white woolen stole with me. 

I got this stole from Chicago, while visiting my sister. She was living in Retirement home at that time. She is no more, gone last year. This stole is like a souvenir, reminds me of my late sister. 

It is 12. 25, I am walking by the side of Whites Road. It is busy, lots of traffic over here. Couple of birds are also walking on the pathway. They are having chit chat too. I can hear them, must be enjoying their time. 

Skeleton trees around, look like, they are coming back to life. I can see the green tinge running through their bodies. Amazing. Winter is gone. It is now start of a new era. Era of birds, flowers and butterflies. Time to get out, to hit roads and trails. Time for Lakes and waters. 

It is 1.15, I am at Tim Hortons, enjoying my small coffee with three creams, one sugar. Life is all good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk