I was at Christmas Lunch

 


  16th December 2022

Yesterday was very busy day for me. There was Christmas Lunch arranged by our Senior Club for we members. It was very festive atmosphere. Nice decorations. Good food. There was winter storm advisory. Weather was challenging. Rain and Hails, still, we had house full at our Club event. 

They ordered separate lunch boxes from Swiss Chalet for everyone. So much there in each box. Not easy to finish. We had our choices for what to eat, to order before hand. I preferred vegie pie, on top was Baked potato, delicious dinner roll and variety of sauces. Cheese and all sort of Crackers. Desert was also there, variety of cakes and Pies.

I just had a bit of Veggie pie, cheese and and couple of crackers. How much can I have, at my age, not much. I enjoyed the atmosphere. Who cares about food at our age. I left early, so much to enjoy after. So many activities, Music, Lucky Draw, were all scheduled. I didn't wait for all that, messaged my son, to let him know that I am done. Why to wait for Desert and Activities. 

I stayed there from 12 to 1 pm. I enjoyed, met my friends. So many of our Senior members stay home. They come, sometimes for Club Meetings and sometimes for such parties. I had a chance to see my old friends. That was more than enough for me, to make my day. My son works from home. He must be busy with his meetings and work. I have to keep that in mind. We don't have to put extra pressure on our kids. They already try to do whatever they can. We have to appreciate all that.

At 1pm, weather was vey tricky, Freezing rain and Hails, added up the pressure, so much to handle for we Canadians. I walked to my car, carefully, slow and bend down, to keep my glasses safe. I made it. I feel lucky, always there, something to do, to get busy. I don't have Slots to fill in. No empty spots to deal with, to worry about. Lucky me.

It is Friday, 1.45, I am at Costco. I am done with my Darts, it was from 10 to 12. My son has appointment for one of his cars at Costco. He picked me up from my work, after Darts. I packed some snacks in the morning, for my day. One small banana, one cheese triangle and three crackers, enough for my lunch. I am walking around, while he is busy with groceries and his car things. I enjoy to be at Flower section. It is so beautiful, so refreshing, enough to make my day.

It is 2.15, I am in food court, sitting on one of the small red benches, beside white small table, writing my Blog and waiting for my son, to be done, to go home. Life is Good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk