He is Just One Phone Call Away

 

Beautiful mixed sunny cloudy morning of late February. Not so cold today. It is 2 C, feels like 6 below Zero. Perfect day for my walk. I will think, not so sure as Rain is on the way. Snow is everywhere. It will be slushy to walk. I will decide after. 

First thing first. We have to prioritize our" Things To Do" list. I have to find my ride for tomorrow. I have to go to work. Our playing Darts day is tomorrow. After setting my ride, I will write Mail for team players. List for players will be out by the end of the day.

Next comes my doctor's appointment. I have to get my six monthly Vitamin D injection. I have to talk to one of my grandsons for that. Doctor is not far. If not raining, I can go by myself. First I have to pick the injection from Rexhall Pharmacy after that will go to doctor to get my shot. 

I got message from one of my community friends. I have to call her today. We have to value the people, who remember us in their thoughts. It is nice of them. We have to answer back to their goodwill gestures. Try to keep connected with the people. Specially with the people, who call you. It means that you are on the same wave length. It is hard to find such people. Always try to value them. 

Yesterday my younger brother came to my place, with her wife and daughter. We had evening tea together. I baked cake for them with raisin, Shredded coconut and almonds. We had good time. It is good to be around your loved ones. Family is family, no doubt about that. We had chit chat, it was nice.

It is 10.30, time to go to my kitchen to make banana strawberry shakes for my son and for myself. My eldest grandson, the Lucky Guy left for work. My youngest one, the Slurpee Boy has gone to school. My middle one, the Master Golden is not so much fond of shakes. 

Rain already started. I skip my walk. We have to be careful at our age. Not good to be a burden to our kids. They are busy with work and with family of their own. We have to keep that in mind. Have to do things keeping track of weather and also taking safety measures. 

Walk or no walk. It is not end of the world. We can get busy with so many other things at home. I will call to one of my Uni. friend. We did our Masters together. She lives in Markham, 20 minutes away from my place. I don't drive neither she. We call to keep our connections alive. We talk to share our favorite Shows. Sometimes to refresh memories of our student days. It is nice to have someone of your age. They can understand what we talk.

Every relationship is unique. We have to nurture all of our relationships. It is not possible to visit and talk to the people of our choice in person. Sometimes they are far away in another city / country. Distances are the main reason. Sometimes, there are other factors, we are free, the other person is not. Calls are the key to keep our relationships alive. Specially at our age. 


Yesterday I got Message from one of my Dear Reader in Ukraine. He is worried, is under great pressure due to the situation over there. He asked me to do something to stop this War. I wish I could help. No one wants war. I will pray for you and for the people of your country, My Friend.

God is a Great Listener. Our Prayers will be heard. trust me. He can make things happen. Just relax and leave everything to God Almighty. Things will be resolved in given time. My Friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk