Take Every Day Like A New Chapter

 


Beautiful sunny cold morning 17 C below zero, feels like 23 below. These are last couple of days of January. New year is already about a month old. Couple of days back, we had snow storm here in Toronto. Yesterday, it started again since morning. Lots of snow already around. Yesterday's snow was like cherry on top. Now we see snow banks all around our roads and pathways. Sun is shining in full bloom, trying to put smile on our faces but not able to melt down so much snow. He is trying his best. Whatever he can. We have to learn. Try to help, to contribute, whatever we can. No matter what, never have to give up.

It is lockdown situation in Toronto. No eat in dining. No in person office. Schools and essential services like groceries are open with Masks and distancing. From next week, city opening up things. I got Mail from my Club to start activities from Jan 31st. Hurrah. I told you. There is always light at the end of tunnel. Stay positive, things will be sorted out. We will be back on track. Follow the Directives for now. Do what you are told. Use Masks and keep distancing. It will help to keep you safe and others too.

It is Tuesday, garbage pick up day in my neighborhood. Blue, Grey and Green bins are all lined up by the side of Driveways. Driveways are painted with white stuff, looking beautiful. I can't see many cars outside. I think, they are staying comfortably, inside. Clear blue sky up and above, with Gold and Silver lining, looking great, beautiful scenery painted like a masterpiece of Art. 

It is 10.15, I am done with my breakfast and my chores downstairs. Making tea for my son and Hot chocolate for my youngest grandson, my Slurpee Boy. He left for in person schooling. Schools are open. I am now sitting in my room. My Laptop is switched on, blinds of windows in my room, are drawn up. I am connected to the world outside, enjoying everything, through my window. Such a view to behold.

My front garden is no more like a garden. It is all covered under a thick white blanket. Same is my back garden. Red wooden bench is half embedded under snow. Skeleton trees standing around, calm and quiet, waiting to see, to face, what will be the next. It is like a wait and see situation. Calm and quiet.

Two small Red birds, one small light green and couple of black birds come to visit the bird feeders, to make my day. Black and Grey squirrels also, keep coming to my garden. They jump over the Bird feeders, to shake and spill the feed, to enjoy that later. I think birds must not be happy with that, to share their feast with so many others. We try to fill up the Feeder, whenever we can. Not easy to make passage through so much snow. 

It is 11.30, I have to make some calls. Today is my younger brother's wife birthday. I will call her to greet, to share her big day. We have to share the special moments of our loved ones. It is nice to give them assurance that we are here for them. It boosts will power and helps to tackle their days.

Life is not a flower bed. It is an unpaved path, like a trail with bushes around. For everyone it is the same. All depends, how we take it. We have to accept it, as it is. Try to face, to handle with courage and grace, whatever comes along the journey through the cycle of our life. We write every day, a new chapter to compile our story book of life. Try to write something good, to leave a book behind, worth to read, for our kids after we leave. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk