We learn from mistakes

 








Tuesday -- Beautiful sunny cold morning with 13 C below zero. It is beauty of Canada that most of the times, it remains bright and sunny even if it is 25 or 30 C below zero. It is 10.45 morning, I am in my room with my computer. My window curtains are drawn up, my computer is switched on. I am enjoying the beautiful atmosphere and also connected with my family and friends too. Browsing the Facebook messages.

It must be snowing early morning. I can see the white powder everywhere. The green of my front garden is all under snow, glittering under the sun. Sun is in full bloom so I can see some green patches started emerging out of the white. Road displaying a mix of white and grey scenic view, because of the snow. Amazing.

My daughter, the youngest one calling me from Reading, England. She was back from work, called me on the way going home. She knows, she will be busy after, no time for calls. It was a brief talk, just to connect. We have to appreciate for whatever our kids can do for us. They have their own family and own things to do.

Now I am going through my Facebook messages. My friend from Perth, Australia, giving me details of her trip to Esperance. It was 10 hours drive from her place. She was there for couple of days with her daughter's family.  Beautiful town of beaches, parks and wild flowers. It was tiring for her but, worth it, she was happy. We use to share messages every day. I get her message every morning. So nice of her.

Yesterday I was making fruit salad, while cutting apples, mistakenly got my left thumb in between. It is now wrapped under bandage. I put my thumb  under tap water to stop bleeding, bandaged right away, have to complete my dish. It was my fault, I was in a hurry, to finish my work. We always have to keep in mind that patience is virtue. 

Anyway, I am fine, just keeping bandage on, so to remember, not to use my thumb for a while. These things are part of life. We learn from our mistakes. Nothing wrong with that. I learned to handle things without using my thumb. 

It is 11.30, I am at the lake. It is cold, but I am all dressed up in layers. My maroon sweater is underneath my long warm black winter coat. I have my gloves, stole and woolen cap, everything with me. All set to handle the weather. No worries, for now enjoying the beautiful atmosphere around. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk