Cherry On Top

 








Tuesday -- Beautiful cold morning of late December. It is 7 C below zero. Sunny and cloudy mixed morning. Last night my sleep was not good. This is also sort of old age syndrome. Things start happening at our age. Started my day a bit late. It is 10.45, now done with my breakfast, sitting in my room with my computer.

My daughter calling me from Kent. England is under lockdown. Everyone staying home. My daughter, the middle one, called from Grimsby. She was planning to go to London, to see her daughter, who is in "Home". But not anymore. All plans are cancelled for now.

My youngest daughter called from Reading. Her daughter was planning to be with her for her wedding anniversary. She lives at 40 minutes drive from Reading. They had big plans to celebrate. Not now. 

Things happen. Safety comes first. Everyone has to follow the Directives. Keep distancing and stay away. Things will be better soon. There is always light at the end of tunnel. This too shall pass.

It is 11.30, I am at Frenchman's Bay. Beautiful view. Lake looks great. Water, blue in the lake and pinkish hue above on the sky. Wonderful, cherry on top. Swans and Ducks are all around. Having chit chat, busy socializing with their family and friends. Amazing. 

It is very windy and cold. I think gusts, not less than 70 km. Unbearable. I am all dressed up in layers with long winter coat, underneath is my maroon sweater. My gloves, woolen stole, everything is there, still not feeling comfortable. 

I had my plan number two ready, so decided to go to Walmart. I have to get my shampoo, conditioner for myself and candies for some of my friends and for my grand kids. I can do that. 

We never have to rely on the plan in hand. Keep ready other plans so to switch, according to the circumstances. We never know what comes up and we, not be able to carry on with our existing one.

Nothing is end of the world. Do what you can and just relax. It is 1.30, I am back, got the things I wanted. Walmart was not crowded. I had my Mask too, so it was fine. Now time to be in my kitchen, for making milkshakes. 

I got Strawberries from Walmart. I will mix that with banana. My eldest grandson will like that. Make for my son and for myself too. It is great, to spread happiness. To put smile on the faces around, is unique. It gives you inner peace and eternal happiness. What else we need, nothing more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk