My Treasure Box


Image result for backyard garden with flowers pictures













It is Thursday bright sunny windy morning with 10 C. I don't work on 
Thursdays. Today my club having lunch at Manderine, Chinese Restaurant.
We do it every year on the third Thursday of any month. It was all set, one 
of my friend had to pick me up. 

Another of my friend also called but I didn't go. Sometimes we have to listen
to our hearts. If your heart is not into it, you wont enjoy. It is better to skip.
So today is like my any other Thursdays. Have to make calls and to go for
my walk.

Last month, I booked my flight to England. I am leaving on 15th of June, 
will be gone for couple of weeks, be back by the end of August. Every year, 
I think like this is my last trip, no more now. Travel is not easy for we 
seniors. 

I make list for the things, I have to take with me. I take Calcium and 
Vitamin D, for my long time osteoporosis. Metamucil and Senokot, to
regulate my digestion, that's it. I don't have to take any other medicine.

But my Dear in travel, we have to be prepared for anything, just in case.
My doctor, I think is over cautious, may be because of my age. She gives 
me so many things to cope with situations, over there.

I have Claustrophobia, so in addition to antibiotics and inhalers, she gives 
me couple of extra, to use in plane. Thanks to God, I never have to use any 
of thatbut these medicines boost my morale.

I think she is right, I have to be prepared as I go for months and have to 
move around. I mean, to live with three of my daughters. Two weeks here, 
three weeks there. Change of place can trigger anything at my age. 

I am so grateful to God, I always been able to handle. No medicines needed 
any time. But we can't predict future. You never know. Anyway I was 
trying to find my last year's list of the things, I have to take with me for 
my trip. I could not find that list.

We always keep the things, which are extra important to us, in extra secure, 
secret places. It takes extra time and effort to locate that. But what I found 
in one of my treasure boxes. 

I store my scribble papers, notes, writings, cards and papers, which 
remind me of some special memorable moments, in shoe boxes. So many 
boxes are there in the left corner of my bed room.

Every box is like a wonder box as there is no listing or inventory for the 
things inside. Everything inside, is precious, takes me somewhere, 
to recall so many beautiful moments of my life. 

Anyway, every year, my Son brings small table calendar for me. I use it to 
jot down my important events and appointments. I misplaced this year's 
calendar, and was sure that mistakenly I put it in the recycling bin.

I opened one of the shoe box to locate my list of things and I found that 
calendar. Eureka. This is also one of the items, I keep in my travel bag. 
I still have to find the list of things. I will find that. It must be somewhere 
safe and sound in one of these treasure boxes. 

My Dear Readers in Ireland I already made it clear that no one is my 
candidate in particular. I love everyone of you. My request is that whoever 
wins, please respect everyone else's feelings and emotions.

Dear Reader doing 2 Jobs, I requested you many times, please don't talk 
about my Blogs and don't pray for me at your work place. Thanks.

Dear Retirees we have to respect everyone's Religion and emotions. 
It is up to Temple people. We don't have to push them to eat or drink.
One more thing, please try to understand, my son is working 
so how can he drive me during day time to Tim Horton.

Kris Dear I give up, Father can not be changed. He will be the same, 
thinking about his own self, his own enjoyments. I keep on praying
for my friends Hannah and Niklas.

Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. This being Saturday, lots of customers are in my shop today to read blog. They come here to read blog from today and also the past week. There is no room inside, and people are waiting outside. I am running low on supplies. It has become a tradition that they come here to Smile Corner and then go to the market for their shopping. Councillor is here of course. He also brought a cake for your birthday. However when he read the blog, he expressed surprise that you are not backing him. He looks devastated as he is very corrupt and does not keep his promises. The only chance he had to win was because we all thought that you are backing him, but now it looks like his chances are very slim. The priest is also here today. He is very pleased as now his candidate will likely win. He led a prayer for your travel and claustrophobia. We all said amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome advisor! She is an awesome positive thinker. She is an awesome writer. She has awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you blog in China. It very very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This good. I no Anglais. French good

      Delete
    2. This good blog. I read Russia

      Delete
    3. I enjoy you blog. I no good English but Spanish good

      Delete
    4. I love this blog. I difficult English but I like Ukraine

      Delete
  4. Thank you for being my lifeline

    N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Madam Smile, you so good. You write good to. Happy Worker come to me and say how you. I say I very emotion. She say I understand because all office is not happy and concerned about Smile. I say but I no want tell you why I emotion. She say we already know that you are concerned about her claustrophobia and the fact that her son is asking her to travel alone. I say yes but I am not telling you because I no suppose talk blog. She say it good that you listening to her. I say I always try to do. She say good because it will help you. I say yes. Happy Worker say that some people in the office are going to pray, will you like to come. i say no, NEVER. Happy Worker say that Madam no say no pray, she only say that focus work during day and then it ok to pray after woek. I say I no care, if Madam say no go pray, then I no go pray. I also plan no go church tomorrow. She say but you goo all time. I say I will never pray now. I think she get head hurt. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Advisor,

    The retirees appreciate your blog today. The retired traveler led the reading of the blog. The retired traveler was surprised that you are travelling to England all alone. The other retirees were surprised that your son is comfortable for you to travel alone as this is international travel and there are passports, customs and what not involved. The retirees dont travel alone but always with someone as we are not comfortable.

    The temple people came today and they again didnt eat anything. There were only 40 or so people who came, usually there are much more. The retired priest again said that they are causing the business to be impacted because they take lots of space and dont spend anything. Plus they talk very loudly and dress in their native clothes, like very loose fitting pants. During the reading of the blog they also chant things in their native language like Ela homma. The cafe manager however said that since they are here for your reading then they are his guests too. He asked the retired priest to be respectful to everyone, just like you prescribed

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new blog every time! It is fantastic

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you surprise. Of course there is a new blog every time. Smile is full of ideas

      newbie

      Delete
  8. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the SRC today as the Smile Garden is still under renovation. The Smile Army volunteers are working very hard. Apparently the idiots were working 2 jobs to pool up money for the platform. They are planning to call it Smile platform. The Dean however encouraged them and after the reading was complete, he led the way to physically participate in the building of the platform. As he was so involved, lots of other professors also stepped up and helped out. It was really cool to see that senior academics getting their hands dirty to help in making this platform. Prof George was of course there and so was Mrs. Lucy. She made fruit salad in addition to the carrot dessert.

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  9. My strange mother in law is making my life a living hell. She complains about everything, always has "advice" for me. I cant get a break !

    Happy Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to write how my wacky daughter in law wakes up very late, does not say good morning to me and watches soaps all day but I am not writing anything as you asked to not do so

      Mother in law of the Happy Reader

      Delete
  10. Father say father hapy that you say father good and no need change. Father say father yell Hannah because you last week idea very good and yell work. Father say why you no yell you Kris and make him get you 2 seet in air so no claustofobia. Father say father get idea from you blog and want say thank to you. Father say father no say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say Hannah kris tire because Hannah need do kris run around. Hannah say sometime father call Hannah nite to yell that kaffe that father got in morning cold. Hannah say father bel niklas but kris loud so Hannah wake up from nite slip to. Hannah say that Hannah kris wory you because you travel time close. Hannah say Hannah will kris prey for you. Father yell me and say me that father want go lot place like you. Me say you only go England because you want see you doter but father no beleeve and say you Kris care you and take you lot place. Me say he bad and no do. Father say do. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just banging my head against the wall. There is absolutely nothing which is working. I have tried to be kind, I have tried to be harsh, I have tried to be reasonable but it just is not working. And yet Smile wants us to be nice to everyone in this forum

    good job mrizvi. Great to let us know that this is a good blog. I dont know what we would have done if you would not have told us

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just caaaaaallllmmm down Plunker. Reeeeellaaax. Take a deep breath. Go for a walk. Or better still just read the blog again

    Thank you mrizvi. This is a good comment. You are doing an amazing job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk