4th Page form Diary








In January 1992 I was volunteering in

The Microbiology Department of

University of Toronto in Canada

I came across with a Chinese Lady

She was supervising the Autoclave and Sterilization

Unit of the department in the Basement area

She was going on holidays

She told me that her youngest daughter is 25 years old

I was surprised, she was not looking old enough

To have a daughter of 25 years of age







At that time my 2nd youngest daughter was

Going to be married in a couple of months

She was 19 years old







That Chinese lady was surprised and in a

Tone of admiration discussed

My daughter's  marriage, which was arranged

Then she started talking about her daughter, that

She is not ready even to marry

After sometimes she came to know that

I just migrated couple of years ago

All her surprises and admiration was gone

She told me I am here for 20 years






If you stay that long

All will be changed

She was telling me about herself

Her system of arranged marriages

It all looked to me like our own system of

Family set up

When  you change your country

Everything changes after a while














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk