Snow glittering like Silver

 


January 23rd 2024

Beautiful day. Bright and sunny. It is 2 C below zero. Snow all around, is glittering under the sun, looking like Silver and Platinum. Such a scenic view to behold, to cherish. 

I am off today, not working. I don't go to work on Tuesdays. It is garbage pick up day in our neighborhood. Blue, green and grey, all sorts of bins are lined up by the side of driveways. Ready to be picked up. 

Grey one is the garbage bin, picked up every other week, not every week. The other two bins, blue and green are for paper, bottles and kitchen things, for perishable items, picked up on weekly basis. 

It is a big exercise for households, to put the right things in the right bin. Confusing too, to remember. Things go wrong, not be picked up, will be left behind. I don't know, if this is helping our climate issue anyway. 

Looks nothing working out to deal with our climate change. I think, we are late to start these things. Anyway, it is never too late. Let's hope for the good. Stay positive. 

It is 10.30, my son is busy with his meetings, working online. My eldest grandson is also working online for a change. He mostly goes in person to work, never happy for that. He strongly believes that, going to work in person, is an old working style. 

He believes that working online is more productive. Cuts down office expenditures. Working space, electricity and all other overheads. For employees, no commuting, providing more working hours to offices / businesses. 

My youngest grandson, the Slurpee Boy, is in 3rd year of Uni. He mostly stays home, taking his classes online. So much is changed for our younger generation, after COVID. We now, have a  different outlook of our working and our day to day life. 

My grandkids, I notice, order food to have at home. Going to restaurants, looks, something of past era. We at our age, also rarely go to restaurants. We order to get take away, to enjoy at home. COVID has changed so much for everyone.

It is 11.30, I am getting ready to walk, to my second home, Tim Hortons. It is not too bad to walk. Snow is around, I will be having my jogger shoes, that will help me to walk. I will be safe. Health and safety is always our priority, still sitting home, doing nothing is never a good option. 

Change is always good. Change of scenery, change of place. Do whatever you can to make a change in your day to day life. My grandson is going to get coffee. He offered, to drive me to the Coffee House. I think, I will walk. It will be good to top up my steps. We have to push our body to listen to us. 

It is 12.15, I am at Tim Hortons. I am happy, decided to get out, to get some fresh air, to enjoy my coffee and my time alone slot. Life is all good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk