I am happy changed my menu

 


January 12th 2024

It is around mid of January. Time for us to, start getting snow storms. This will be off an on, for the next couple of weeks. It is 10.15, mixed sunny cloudy morning, windy too. Gusts are 38 to 48 km. 

Friday used to be my work day, not today. Kids day camp is going on in the library, at my work place. I am off for the whole week. I have to find my own things to do, to get busy. From Monday, things will be back on track. I will be having my regular work hours.

It is 11.45, I am getting ready to walk to Tim Hortons. I take it as my second home. I know that it is cold and windy. I am all set with gloves, stole and three layers underneath my winter coat. I will be fine.

Whites Road and walkway is, all clear of snow. I see some white patches of snow, by the side of road, under trees and bushes. This is the beauty of Toronto, snow cleared right away. It looks like a usual wintry day. No snow. Everything working, normal routine. Nothing stops, so is my walk.

I am at Tim Hortons, enjoying my small tea with three creams one sugar and one plain old style donut. I changed my menu, no coffee, having tea today.

Change is always good. Change in plans, scenery, menu. We have to do that, sometimes to feel good. It gives us feeling that we are not stagnant, stuck. We have power in our hand to switch things around. We feel, we are at driving seat, to make decisions. To do things whatever we like.

It is 12.25, I am done with my tea. Donut, I am taking home for my Slurpee Boy, my youngest grandson. He is off from his Uni. He will be happy to have it. 

My daughters are calling, making a group call from Kent and Reading. They are going home, done with their work. It is already afternoon in England. It is noisy here at Coffee House. Kids from the nearby Dunbarton High school, are all around. I think, it is their break time.

I have to take my head phones out of my bag to talk to my daughters. We talk not much, just a short chit chat. Enough to connect, to share our daily routine. 

We parents feel lucky while connecting with our kids. We have to appreciate for whatever time our kids give us from their busy schedule of work and family. Don't have to complain. That will ruin our relationships. Try to acknowledge and appreciate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk