Not retired, I am still in the Rink



September 19th 2023

It is 8.15 in the morning. Bright sunny day, looks breezy. Trees around are shaking their heads. I am in my kitchen making scrambled eggs for my eldest grandson. He is about to leave soon for his work. 

I will make peanut butter sandwich and hot chocolate milk for my youngest grandson too, for my Slurpee Boy. He is getting ready for his Uni.

Time flies, I still remember, he was just a kid, in school, loved to get Slurpee, cookies and all such things. Not anymore. Now he is watching his diet, avoids cookies and fries. Still loves Slurpee, takes once a while. 

We have to value our kids. Have to spend time with them. They grow fast, wont be needing us after, anymore. They will be busy with their own things, own activities. No time for parents and we grandparents will not even be in their dictionary.

Try to spread happiness, do things to make their day. It will come back to you. You will make your day in turn. What goes around, comes back.

I do these thing, I mean making milk shakes, sandwiches, burgers for them. I know they will be happy, will enjoy that. I see smile on their faces. That is more than enough for me, enough to make my day. 

I feel lucky, to do things on my own. We have to pitch in for the household, we live in. We have to contribute in whatever way, we can. It boosts our will power, controls our mood swing. We start thinking that we are not retired. We are still in the rink. 

Thank You God for keeping me mobile. Please keep watching over me. Love You from the bottom of my heart. I can never be able to pay You back. Thank You. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk