I am at Coffee House

 


 May 23rd 2023

Beautiful morning, nice weather. It was long weekend. Monday was a close holiday. My niece, my sister's daughter came to stay with me, on Sunday. She came with my younger brother and his wife. We had BBQ, enjoyed together. My late brother-in law's daughter came too with her husband and son. They were also there, to enjoy.

It is good to be with your loved ones, to enjoy the rare moments. Not every day, we get such opportunities. Nice to be connected. Everyone is different. We get a chance to know them, while spending some time. In gatherings, everyone talks in his/her own style. Their opinions and ideas may be conflicting with your ideas.

We learn to be patient, to listen to everyone. It is a unique time to enjoy together and a learning opportunity, to improve our listening talent. Listening is a great skill. Years ago, I was going through a small book on the topic of "Listening". 

I was surprised, to know that our job, specially the first one, depends, 60 % on our listening ability. I think, the author was right. Listening exhibits our level of patience and tolerance. Our capability to be able to connect with people. To get along and work in group. That is a rare talent.

Everyone left after enjoying the BBQ, at around 9 pm. My niece stayed, to spend one more day at our place. She opted to sleep in my room. There was enough space for another mattress, beside my bed. She was happy to be with me, to spend some time with her aunt.

On Monday, she walked with me to Tim Hortons, to enjoy coffee together. We had pictures, enjoyed our time. She sent pictures to her Mom. My sister must be happy, to see her daughter with me. I am happy too.

It is great, to impart your family bindings, to transfer to the next generation. Needs lots of patience and love, to gain their trust and confidence. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk