Moments to Recall to Cherish



 25th September 2022

It is raining since early morning. Cloudy hazy sky. Everything looking great after morning shower. Beautiful view in my back garden. Rain drops keep showering at my deck. Sitting in my TV room, I am enjoying all that, through big glass panels in front. News Channel is on, showing Hurricane Fiona devastation in provinces of Quebec and Newfoundland. Houses washed away, evacuation is underway. Damage must be huge, to be estimated after. Search is underway for people, if any missing. 

Global warming is a big problem, causing such havoc around the world. Many parts are in a mess, facing adverse situations. It is hard everywhere to deal with. We have to think about, how to cut down pollution. May be it is never too late to be mended. Let's see.

I am all set after coming back from my trip. It is not even a week. I am back to work, playing Darts and Carpet Bowling. My right leg still giving me problem. It is my age. Nothing to complain. I am handling that. We have to get busy with things we like to do. Have to push ourselves taking health and safety into account. My Mom used to say, "Try not to let your problems overpower your body". I think she was right.

My wall cabinet is all set. It was a mess. I emptied my suitcase to take with me for my trip and dumped things here. Yesterday I took everything out, spread on my bed, sorted out dresses to hang inside my cupboard and to put back into my suitcase. Now all set. I feel relieved. It looks, I have never been away, out of my home sweet home.

When I look back, I still recall the scenic beauty of Rocky Mountains, lakes, fountains, Canyons and of course the beautiful moments spent at Edmonton, with my daughter. We came across some odd moments too. Our car ran out of gas, phone was also not working. Me and my son, sort of trapped in between Jasper and Banff. It was middle of nowhere. 

Luckily there were couple of workers busy with roadwork at one side of the road. One of them directed us to go to the nearest parking lot, so that we might get some gas from someone. They had Diesel. 

Five minutes away was a small parking lot, some cars were there but no one was there. One garbage collector came by chance. He told us that people park cars and get busy with skiing and mount climbing. They wont be back soon. He called from his cell phone for road assistance. He was our savior.

We waited in the middle of nowhere. Mountains all around. CAA people came after two hours, we got gas for our car to go further, to continue our journey. We came to know that, it was the longest highway in Canada with no gas station. Things happen. Nothing is end of the world. No pain no gain. It is part of package.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk