Waiting for My friend, the White Butterfly

 


It is Tuesday, mixed sunny cloudy morning, 8.45, 3 C, I am busy in my kitchen, making oatmeal porridge for my breakfast. Everyone gone, left for school and work. Me and my son are home. It looks like an empty nest. My son is busy with his computer, working online. I am having my breakfast, sitting in my eat in kitchen, beside my patio doors, enjoying the scenery of my back garden. 

Deck is all wet, must be raining early morning. Grass is lush green, looking beautiful. My friend, the Black Squirrel having a walk in the flower bed. It looks, he is trying to find something there. I miss my other friend, the White Butterfly. She waits for flowers. It will take a while, for me to see her back. 

My back is giving me problems. Couple of days back, it was real bad, specially on Saturday, I know it was my fault. I went to see my friend. Her husband died, day before. It was important to be with her, to make sure that she can count on me to share her moments of grief. 

After that I went to my Brother's birthday dinner, when I came back from my Brother's birthday, 11.30 at night, I have to ask my youngest grandson, the Slurpee Boy to give me a hand, needed help, first time in my life, to go to my room, upstairs. Things happen. What we expect out of, seventy plus old machinery. This is part of our old age saga. I realize that sometimes I overdo. I know that, but we have to be there for the people we love, we care. 

Last night, it started snowing, Flurries, wet snow and rain, all one after another. Trees were looking beautiful, with white decorations. My son was going to pick some special food from Scarborough, I went with him. It was great drive. Scarborough is twenty minutes away from our home, Pickering. Food was great. I enjoyed with family, together.

We have to push ourselves, taking health and safety into account, have to avail every chance, to enjoy the moment in hand and to make our day. It helps to keeps us on right track, away from negative thoughts. Such a simple Recipe to lead a happy life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk