Mom I am Listening

 

It is 8.30, beautiful sunny morning, 12 C, not so cold for we Canadians. Looks like summer. Snow and sub zero temperatures are still weeks away. Enough time to get ready, to dig out our closets for coats, gloves and stoles. For now we are enjoying the beauty around.

I am done with my breakfast, walking on my deck. It is wet, but I think safe to walk. Let's take chances. I will be careful. Grass looking great, loaded with pearls, sparkling under the sun. Red, Yellow and Purple flowers of Dahlia, giving me smile. I think giving me invitation to come closer. I am staying on the deck, will skip to walk on the grass. Not nice to crush any of the pearl under my feet. I smiled back. We have to acknowledge gestures. 

Pink Canadian Roses and David Austin, the Red English Roses, are still enjoying their break time. Everyone is different, same are plants. We have to give space and leave  them alone, to decide and go with their own plans.

My elder grandson started his job, and my daughter has to go to work so we are making adjustments with our car. My lake trips are on hold for now. We are planning to get another car. I know it will take time. We have to go with the flow. Nothing is end of the world. Not a big deal 

I go to my work part time. Beside computer and kitchen, I chalked out some other plans to fill the gaps of lake trips. Trip to Metro, to get bakery stuff, to Dollarama to get chocolates for my grand kids. Trip to Tim Horton to enjoy my time alone slot and my coffee. We have to divide our day into slots. It is easy to plan, to make your day. 

It is 11.30, I have to change my bed sheets, also have to do my laundry. I have small table calendar. I mark dates of changing bed sheets, doing laundry, doing my hair wash. At our age, we lose track of things. It is easy to manage. So simple.

It is 12.30, I am done with my laundry. Weather looks great from my window. Sun shining in full bloom. I am getting ready to to get out. I am not feeling good, my back is hurting nowadays, giving me problem. My Mom used to say, " Never let your illness to overcome your body. You will never be out of it." I remember that. 

We rarely pay attention, what our parents say. I think , all that is stored somewhere deep down inside our mind. We recall that, after they are gone. I remember, what she used to say. I will be fine, it is just a little pain. I will go to Tim Horton, get coffee and donuts, to give treats to my body. We have to listen to our body, it will help to carry on our day to day activities. Nothing works one sided. There is always give and take, in all relationships. Same  with Mind and Body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk