Memorable Moments in Rochester


Image result for high street rochester pictures














It is Saturday, 22nd June -- Bright beautiful sunny morning with 19 C. 
This is weekend so my daughter is home, she made special omelette with 
onion and tomatoes. I had my first breakfast together here in England. 

My daughter moved from Croydon two months back, still in her settling 
period. When you are working, not enough time to organize. It will take 
while to streamline things in order. 

She is busy downstairs, I am with my best friend, my computer. My 
youngest daughter coming today from Reading. She is working so only 
weekend works for her. Reading is around two hours away 
from Rochester.

Two of my daughters will be with me on dining table. Amazing. I was under 
so much pressure to start my journey from Toronto to England. but now 
I will go back with lots of  memorable moments to enjoy after. 

Today is my eldest daughter's birthday. She lives in Edmonton, seven hours 
behind than the time in England. I will call her after. It is too early for her.

It is 5 pm, I am sitting in "Creams" at Dockyard. Beautiful scenic place
with sail boats around. It is 15 minutes away from my daughter's place.
I am having Banana split with berries, enjoying with two of my daughters.
my grand kids are sitting on the next table. What a wonderful moment.

It is 7 pm My Daughter left for Reading. It is about 2 hours from Rochester. 
We had great time together. walked by the river at Dockyard and had 
pictures. Time flies, we have to value every moments.

It is Sunday my grand Kids are leaving from Rochester to London for their 
work. They will be back on weekend. I didn't go out today. I am enjoying 
with family at home.

Monday cloudy morning with 24 C rain is on the way. I am done with my 
breakfast, same menu oatmeal porridge, stir fry egg and half cup of tea. 
My plan was to walk around the Rochester High Street, to enjoy the 
museums.

But it is drizzling so I changed my plans. I am sitting in the Cafe, having 
tea and apple turnover. It stopped raining so now I am walking around. 
Starbucks is 5 minutes walk, KFC is just across in front, McDonald is 
across the road on the right. 

I can see "Iceland", people's favorite grocery store across Starbucks.
I don't have my jacket and it is cold so I am now sitting at the back of 
Marks and Spencer Cafe. My daughter will pick me up at 4 pm, while 
coming back from school.

London is very unpredictable. Weather is tricky just like it's traffic. 
It was 25 C so I was thinking I don't need jacket but I was wrong. It is cold,
uncomfortable.

All my days are booked. Tonight my late cousin's daughter coming to see 
me. She lives in Dulwich, near Streatham, an hour away from Rochester.
Tomorrow I will go to Tooting Bec, to see my cousin sister, one more time.
She is old and sick, I have to spend some time with her.

Wednesday, my daughter's friend coming with her Mom, to see me. She 
lives 15 minutes away. Friday night, my daughter coming from Grimsby, 
to pick me up. Saturday she will visit her special daughter, who lives in 
"Home", one hour away. 

I will leave on Sunday morning for Grimsby. It is 4 hours drive from 
Rochester. It is Thursday June 27th, I am walking around the Rochester
High Street, now sitting on one of the wooden benches in front of big two 
storeyed "The Eagle Tavern", Home of Dock Food.

On my backside is the car park. I will start my tour from here. I am
walking by the narrow red stoned streets. I saw "Morleys Rochester 
Bakery", established in 1908.

I got Raisin scone for 1.20 and tea for 90 pence, from the Bakery. It is total 
2.10 pound. Great tea and fresh scone, much better in quality than that of 
Marks and Spencer Cafe. I am sitting on one of the wooden benches.  
Pigeons are walking around, amazing.

It is 12.15, I am at Info Centre, upstairs is Charles Dickens museum.
It is 12.30, I am at "The Six Poor Travelers House", I was here two days 
back. It is amazing worth to come back. Sort of museum. I am sitting in the 
small Herb garden with the Beautiful Roses around. This garden is at the 
back of museum.

It is 1.30, I am at "Francis Gallery", I was here before. I am here again. 
Sometimes we start feeling addiction, can not be out of it. It is a three 
storeyed small place just like a house. 

I am at 2nd floor of the gallery, sitting on the single wooden chair. Beautiful 
art pieces are all around on the wall. Red flowers looking great, in the 
balcony behind the big glass window in front. I am busy writing my Blog.

It is 2.30, I am walking around on the street, there are mostly charity shops, 
Cafes and Eateries. I love charity shops, to me these are like Antique stores. 
I am enjoying my time in Rochester. My day time is at High Street and my 
evenings are with my daughter, busy with her in the kitchen.

Yesterday I made stir fried mixed vegetables, day before, ground beef
patties. On weekdays my daughter comes back from school at 4 pm. 
I managed to enjoy my own time alone slot. I think all my travel hassles 
are paid off. I am enjoying, having wonderful time, in Rochester.


Dear Reader 2 Jobs don't worry about me and my son please. For your 
information, Air Canada doesn't go to Gatwick Airport and one hour 
doesn't mean one hour here. It can hours.

Dear Retirees, I am sick of my friend, the Priest, he never leaves Temple people alone, pushing everyone to go to Church. Why he always keeps
labeling me as Christian Lady. I don't like that. Please ask him to stop 
doing all that. Thanks. 

I am trying to explore the historic places here so was at Cathedral too. 
Religion is everyone's personal matter, keep the Blog Reading sessions out 
of that please. I salute my Friend the Cafe Manager for all of his patience.

Dear Students, I am happy and highly appreciate your efforts. I thank 
each and everyone of you for your valuable contributions, I mean time 
and money for building the Platform. I don't deserve that. 



Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. This being Saturday, lots of customers are in my shop today to read blog. They come here to read blog from today and also the past week. There is no room inside, and people are waiting outside. I am running low on supplies as everyone loves yogurt smoothie and banana smoothie. It has become a tradition that they come here to Smile Corner and then go to the market for their shopping. The priest is also here today. He is making notes and also asking everyone to come for the sermon. Customers are saying that unless Smile asks, no one will go because Smile says religion is not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome advisor! She is an awesome blogger. She is an awesome writer. She has awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this blog every day. It is my lifeline

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you blog in China. It very very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This good. I no Anglais. French good

      Delete
    2. This good blog. I read Russia

      Delete
    3. I like blog in Ukraine

      Delete
  5. Please write a blog to knock some sense in my disrespectful daughter in law. She reads your blog daily but cant learn from it

    Mother in law of the Happy Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Madam Smile, you so good. You write good to. Wicked worker come and say me how you. I say I no want talk you because you bad. She say that strange. I say what you mean? She say you keep call me bad but remember I help get you job back? I say yes I forgot that. She say And what about cake? I say I forgot too. She say ok no mind. Job worker 2 then say you care you Madam right? I say yes of course. She say you do Google and find Rochestor and all place where you Madam go? I say yes of course. She say and you keep blog in pocket? I say yes because I need reed all time. She say then how come you Madam no care you? I say she lot reader. Job worker 2 say but you can read lot blog to. I say you good point. Job worker 2 say but why she always write bad about you. Like today she say no worry me and my son. It mean that Smile no think that you her family. I say yes that good point. Job worker 2 smile and then plan go. I say where you going. She say my job done. I do 2 ok job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Advisor,

    We were relieved to read your blog today. The retirees were concerned about your health and well being as you did not post your recipe this week. On Thursday, we had a big turnout as is usually the case. The retired chef usually leads the reading on Thursdays. Aside from the retired chef, the hospital administrator, hospital administration staff, physicians, ex-patients, nurses, health care providers, and some of the chefs from the 5 star restaurants in the region attend these readings. Of course the retirees are there too as this is very popular. It is effectively a houseful. The cafe manager always provide a Smile discount to everyone who comes to the reading. This Thursday, since your recipe was not there, we read one of your old recipes. We would have been more concerned if you would have been with your son as he is quite careless about your well being. Since you were with your daughter, we knew that you are in safe hands. Regardless, the retired priest then led a prayer for your safety and well being. Everyone said amen.

    The retired author led the reading of your blog today. She noted that the Charles Dickens museum is a regular point of interest for you. The retirees also were entertained by your descriptive and very illustrative details of your blog. Some were of the view that this is a travelogue. Others were thinking that you are using your folksy language to guide us and give us ideas in how to lead a healthy and fulfilling lives.

    The retired priest wanted to lead a prayer of thanks today but because you reprimanded him, we denied him this privilege. The temple people were very pleased with that and they did a chant of Ella Homa, The cafe manager was not pleased with that as they do it very loudly and also raise slogans however he does not say anything as they are considered your guests

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Author.

    We read your blog at the Smile Platform which is situated in the center of Smile Garden. There was a larger crowd today even though many were not sure if you will write today. The Dean was there as usual remained quiet throughout the reading with his eyes closed , arms folded and head bowed. After the reading, Prof George was heard saying to him that thank god that Smile is ok. The Dean responded that she is with her daughter and in good hands. He does not usually say anything bad about your son unless your son does something really bad.

    Smile Army saw your comment about the Smile Platform and they started raising slogans that Smile is the best. Smile is the best. The Dean simply smiled. Mrs Lucy brought smoothies for everyone and offered it to all as a goodwill gesture

    Some of the students are very upset with her parents. In one case, the student is being lectured regularly, like at least once every 10 days or so. And these are long lectures, sometimes lasting 10 mins. In one case both parents were involved. One lectured for at least 5 minutes and just 2 hours after that, the other spoke about the same thing for 5 minutes ! The student is thinking of going back to the student housing as its too much effort and hassle to stay at home. We know that Master Golden, Lucky Guy and Master Slurpee dont have to worry about it

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father say father yell Kris lot today because Kris no take father to museum. Father also yell Niklas and yell Hannah because father anger and no good mood. Father say Hannah trik father to and no make food from you recipe this time. Father say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say Hannah kris hapy that you ok and no sik. Hannah say Hannah kris wory because you niklas rest and kris act. Hannah say father litle upset because father think that Hannah lazziee and no make new food from you recipe. Hannah say father no beleeve that you no rite new recipe because father say you kris act and always rite. Hannah say you please take care you and no wory any. Father yell me and say me that me no take father any like you Kris. Me say father that you do all alone and you Kris bad. Father no beleeve and yell me lot. Me anger Niklas because he no take father walk. Niklas say it very hot. Me take Niklas fone because he very lazie. He say all Niklas like that. Me yell him. Niklas sad. Hannah tire. Father anger. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Smile is amazing! She is an amazing traveller. She is an amazing advisor. She is an amazing councillor. She has amazing friends. What an amazing person my Smile is

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fresh blog! I am loving it

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kyle, dont be surprised. If you go to McDonalds expect fast food and when you come here, expect to read fresh quality content.

      Good that you are enjoying it

      newbie

      Delete
  12. We wanted to felicitate you for resolving the theological fracas at the emeritus community. This was a corybantic situation which you extenuate with penned colloquy. We are somewhat concerned that during your overseas sojourn, that we, your readers, would not be able to benefit from your guiding hand and your sagacious tutelage. We realize that we are being hoggish of your assiduous diligence but will appreciate if you can continue to author for us when you get a few minutes. We are making this request with a heavy heart and will understand if you decline it

    thank you for making our days brighter
    Dave and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been travelling on business and your blog provided me with a perfect opportunity for me to unwind after a very long day. Your description of the various sites that you visited provided very entertaining reading. You have an art of taking your readers with you.

    thank you
    Keith Walker

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is this blog brilliant or what! It has everything. A little bit of insight about the daily routine, travel diary, details about the local English weather, and thats not it. It also includes some advice and guidance for the readers. Of course all this in Smile's trademark folksy style

    Brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was hoping that the end of the week will bring a change but I guess not. This is ridiculous. What a joke. I know, I know ...

    Thank you mrizvi. So nice of you to remember to comment. You do read before commenting, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmm down, Plunker. Just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxx. Kids today, you know. Yes we must be kind

    Brilliant comment from you, mrizvi. Good job, kiddo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk