Water glittering like silver and gold


Image result for waterfront pictures














It is Sunday beautiful bright sunny morning with 2 C, not below zero, 
enough to celebrate for we Canadians. My eldest grandson is here from 
London Ontario. He has one week off from his Uni. I am planning to 
make pancakes for him, his favorite.

I am done with my laundry. I did that yesterday. It is 9.15, I am done 
with my breakfast, now enjoying my time in the TV lounge with my son. 
Everyone else sleeping. News channel is on. I am not much interested 
in that.

I am enjoying the scenic view of my back garden. Sun is there to give a 
glitter to the snow around. Black Squirrel is always there for me to make 
my day. He is busy with his workouts on the wooden fence, his favorite Gym.

I miss my friend, the White Butterfly. She must be visiting her family 
and friends at South of the Border. My youngest grandson, the Slurpee Boy 
just awake. I am going to my kitchen to make pancakes for him, for my 
eldest one and for others. They all like to have in breakfast.

I is 10.30, I am done with making pancakes. Making strawberry shakes 
for my son and for them. Bananas are slightly green, won't taste good for 
shake so I switched to Strawberries shake for my son and for myself. 
The Slurpee Boy doesn't like that. I am making hot chocolate for him.

Believe me, spreading happiness is a powerful tool, not only to get 
happiness for our own self. It boosts our self esteem, our inner power, 
to move on, to face our day and to tackle the challenges ahead.

It changes our personality, to look the existing scenario from a different 
perspective. Things start giving a positive outlook. We start feeling that 
we are still in the Rink, capable of doing things in the direction, to make 
a positive change in other people lives. 

Spreading happiness is a powerful phenomenon for others and also for 
our own self. We don't have to take it for granted, we have to put effort 
to fulfill this sacred task. I take it like a moral obligation, an assignment 
from God Almighty. I believe it as the fundamental purpose of the 
creation of we Humans.

It is 11.45, I am done with my kitchen duty, now time to enjoy my pwn self.
My son is going to lakes, I will go with him. It is 12.15, I am at Petticoat 
Creek. It is beautiful here, water looks great, glittering like silver and gold, 
playing music to entertain the people around.

People are busy walking their dogs. On the other side, at the big frozen 
portion of the lake, I can see small tents for the people to do ice fishing. 
Some playing hockey, some busy with ice skating. Such an atmosphere 
to behold, to enjoy, to cherish.

It is cold and chilly, I stayed there and walked for a while. It is 12.15, my 
son going home. He will drop me at Tim Horton. This is my second home. 
I will  enjoy my time alone, my coffee and will write my Blog.

I take library as my office, my work place, not my second home. When 
we are retired, we have to trick ourselves, to keep us motivated, to make
us believe that there is still some purpose of our life.

I believe the purpose of our lives, is to be happy and to spread happiness.
It is 2.15, weather looks great, 2 C below zero. I am done here with my
coffee and with writing my Blog. I will walk home, ask my son to take day 
off and not to pick me up. I will enjoy my walk.


It is Monday bright sunny cold morning with 9 C below zero. It is long
weekend here so everything is closed. I am off from my work. No Darts
today, at my workplace, my library. I have plans ready to keep myself 
busy, to enjoy my day.

We always have our plan "B" ready to switch, whenever we have to. Try 
to be flexible in all circumstances. Never have to take life too seriously.
Nothing is end of the world. Don't make hard and fast rules. Nothing is 
like a big deal, to ruin our day.

When we start taking things too seriously, we start pushing hard ourselves, 
while our mind and body is not into it, not ready to tackle that pressure. 
Don't be hard on yourself. Just relax and listen to your own self.

It is 11.45, I am at lakes, enjoying my time and the scenic view around.
I can see Birds in flocks on the clear sky. The water is calm, quiet and 
peaceful. It looks beautiful, deep blue in color, while at the far end, it is 
sparkling like Sterling silver.

On the big frozen portion of the lake, people are busy with ice fishing, 
skating and playing hockey. I am walking around to enjoy the beautiful 
atmosphere. It is 12.15, my son is going home, will drop me at Tim Horton. 

I will enjoy my coffee, my time alone and will talk to my Readers 
Family. I take writing my Blog as Face time with my Dear Readers. 
So many people are here. It looks like a Full House. I got my favorite 
seat anyway.

It is 1.30, I am done, have to go home, to make something nice for my 
grand kids, for their lunch. I will make Veggie omelette for my eldest one. 
He likes that. Chicken Shwarma for my youngest, the Slurpee Boy. 
Master Golden, the middle one likes Craft Dinner. 

I will keep all that in mind. Make banana shake for everyone. They all love 
that. It will be a busy day. Talk to you later my dear. Have a great day.

My Dear Friends in Ireland, I apologize for not posting my Recipe. Please 
don't be hard on my friend the Cafe Manager and my friend the Priest. 
Not their fault. I somehow forgot. I am old and getting older day by day. 
Please keep that in mind. I already posted, now enjoy.

I request my friend doing 2 Jobs, please avoid making personal comments 
on the people around. It is not polite to pin point their personality. We 
have to be positive while talking to others. Focus on your work. Don't talk 
about Blog. Thanks.

Dear Retirees, I am not happy with the Retired Priest. I don't care about 
which Religion, others belong. I requested so many times that please don't 
talk about Religions and politics. 

I believe, everyone belongs to the same Human family. Please stop talking 
about other's personal matters. Leave everyone alone. Focus on your own 
self. No more talks about their kids and Religion. We have to respect 
everyone's privacy. 

Kris Dear, take Rabbit out of Niklas room please. Why you make everyone
to pay for Father's enjoyment and happiness. Everyone has right to enjoy 
his own life. Take care of Hannah and Niklas please. 

Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. This is market day but customers are coming to my shop in waves. They come here to read the blog first before going to the market. We have lots of people from out of town who come to read blog and then do shopping. They are talking about Smile's blogs ie today’s blog as well as the recipe. The Councillor is here also with his supporters and so was the Priest. The Councillor asked the priest if he is now apologetic for his comments about you specially after you called him your friend. But the priest said that he can only say what is true and that we Irish need to be careful with the Britishers. The councillor didnt let him finish and said that Smile is one of us. When the Priest reminded him that you are an English aristocrat who probably went to the best English schools, the Councillor supporters started yelling slogans "Win with Smile" and "Smile is the Best". In the end, the priest left

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is my lifeline. I read it every day.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome Tim Hortons goer! She is an awesome councillor. She is an awesome author. She has awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read blog in France. I no read every day but read on weekend for hole week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You blog good. Me English no good. Russian good

      Delete
    2. I like you blog in China. It very very good

      Delete
    3. This good. I no Anglais but Spanish good

      Delete
    4. You blog good. I read Italy

      Delete
  5. My daughter in law is very rude. I went away for 3 days but when I came back, she didnt even say hello to me. What should I do

    Mother in law of the Happy Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Madam Smile, you so good. You write good to. Wicked worker come and say good morning.She say how you? I say I happy but I no want tslk you. She say ok no talk but tell me why you happy? I say because my Madam write for me. She say nut she yell you, and no say good thing. I say I dont care because my Madam is like big person to me, so I dont mind if she write good thing or yell. Important thing is that she remember me. I say wicked worker that I no want be rude but I need go because lunch time over and I need start work. Wicked worker say but you Madam say dont wory about rules. I say I no understand. Wicked worker say, show me blog and I will explain. I take blog out of my pocket and she point that you say “Don't make hard and fast rules. Nothing is
    like a big deal, to ruin our day. When we start taking things too seriously, we start pushing hard ourselves, while our mind and body is not into it, not ready to tackle that pressure. Don't be hard on yourself. Just relax and listen to your own self.” Wicked worker say do you want go to work? I say no. Wicked worker say then why go. Just go mall or do what you want. I say but Madam Supervisor will get anger and fore. Wicked worker say who more important Supervisor or you Madam? I say MADAM Smile! Wicked worker say then why you go back work and not go mall. I say good idea are you coming too? Wicked worker smile and say I like do work so I will go to job. I say o and go mall. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new blog every time! Fantastic!!

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you so surprised Kyle? We are all used to it and have been spoiled by Smile. Just enjoy

      newbie

      Delete
  8. Dear Advisor,

    Inspired by your example, the retirees went for our walk today. As usual, it was a long walk just under 10 mins with a few breaks in between. Our walk, though very long for us is nothing compared to the ones that you take. After that we had our lollipop

    The retirees were very appreciative of your recipe blog this week. The retired chef led the reading on Thursday. The hospital administrator, the ex patients, the hospital staff, including admin staff, nurses and physicians were all present as usual. The retired chef also shared some stats from your past recipes. He informed all that your recipes are being used in 13 five star properties in 3 different continents. The hospital administrator said that she is not surprised as they are a hit with the patients. Also, because they provide significant nutritional value and are not oily/greasy, it is the prefered choice for both the patients as well as the kitchen staff. They all thanked you for that

    The joint family living is requesting for some advice about joint family living. This is because they are having a terrible time with their in law kids (ie son in law and daughter in law).

    The retired priest, the hijab lady as well as all the temple people have been banned from the readings. They insisted that you wont prefer that we dont do that but we told them that there cannot be any more discussion about religion. The retired atheists were very pleased . They asked the cafe manager to serve desert for everyone and charge the costs to them. The hijab lady and the temple people didnt eat it as they said that it includes gelatin. Apparently she is allergic to gelatin

    thank you
    recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the Smile Garden today. As usual there were a lot of people. Prof George mentioned to the Dean that the speaker system needs to be enhanced again. The Dean smiled and said that he will donate the new system also. Prof George said that many professors will like to contribute but the Dean waved his hand and said that it is his gift for the garden. He also mentioned that it is a good thing that we need to keep getting bigger and bigger system because it means that the crowds are getting bigger and more people are benefiting from it.He thanked Mrs. Lucy for bringing the goodies for so many people every week. Mrs. Lucy said that it is her privilege. She said that she feels bad that an author of your stature has to wait at Tim Horton alone. She said that it is too bad that your son continuing to not take proper care of your. She then joined everyone to play darts

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Smile is amazing! She is an amazing psychologist. She is an amazing advisor. She is an amazing councillor. She has amazing friends. What an amazing person my Smile is!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father say father now beter.. Father say father plan lot party and do celebrate . Father say father no no why you wait for you Kris at kafee . Father say you need yell him and say him that he need stay. Father say when father go spend time alone father make sure Niklas no far. Father say father give tip you but you no need thank. Father say father no say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say Hannah tire because kris party for 125 peeple and niklas time rest. Hannah say Hananh give warm milk father nite and then kleen kitchen and do plan party and then slip and then wake before son to give brakfast father and give food rabit. Hannah say Hannah no mind work because Hannah want good atmosfare home.Hannah say Hannah kris wory you because you alone in kafee. Niklas say thank because you blog help rabit go from room. Niklas say rabit go but rabit smell no go so Niklas need slip window open. Niklas say it ok and smell will go in 1 week like last time. Niklas say grandpapa now back normal and yell and thro ice and make joke about Niklas with Niklas friend in party. Father want party to clebrate but me say father you no want party but father yell me and say me shut . Me then say Hannah that father want party to celebrate. Since party then me invite 20-30 peepl to. Me yell Niklas because he no do amy work and play video all time . Niklas say all Niklas play video but me say you Niklas help all time and go walk with you. Niklas say no do. Me yell him because he talk and cut fone. Niklas sad. Hannah tire. Father happy. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are simply astounded that you are continuing to venture outdoors despite some frigid and inhospitable climate. Your blogs are continuing to be a source of inspiration for us. It schools us in many ways but perhaps the biggest learning that we get is in the school of life. We have been humbled to be chosen by the Arts Association to host yet another art exhibition. We have started to squirrel extracts from your astute journals. Based on the success that we had from last year, we are planning to rely on your generosity for this year also.

    Thank you for making our days brighter
    Dave and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came to work on the weekend to let you know that we simply loved the recipe blog. Thank you so much for posting it. Its always a big hit,

    BTW, Smile Addict is still bringing the donuts. He goes early morning, before dawn after a late night shift from his second job so he can get the Smile Donuts fresh from the baker. We tried to give him money several times but he refuses.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Philosophers can write books about leading a happy life but Smile is not only a philosopher but an author with a folksy style\ She not only has the wisdom to identify the philosophy but can summarize it in a single sententce. Dont believe that this is possible? Well, have a look:

    “spreading happiness is a powerful tool, not only to get happiness for our own self.?


    “Nothing is like a big deal, to ruin our day.”

    Brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Come ON! What is this ! Just give me a break - will yeah! I know .. I know ....

    Thank you mrizvi. Brilliant comment - again

    ReplyDelete
  16. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmm down Plunker, just calm down.

    Fantastic job kiddo. You are bang on. How did you know that this is a good blog! You are right though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk