Your Calls can make or break relationships


Image result for Back garden flower pictures













It is Sunday morning, bright beautiful. It was heavy rain for couple of days, already 60 mm on the ground, now snow everywhere, with 18 C
 below zero. We Canadians are handling anyway.

It is 10.15, I am done with my breakfast, have to do laundry, just one small
load. It is 10.30, while my clothes are in washer, I am enjoying my time in 
the TV lounge, busy with my Scrabble and Sudoku books. 

TV is on, my son is with his computer also switching TV remote, busy with
changing channels. This is one of the favorite hobby of  Guys. I am doing 
my Sudoku books and also enjoying the scenic view of my back garden.

I know, it is not a garden anymore, with snow all around. It will become
a garden, in the days ahead. We always have to look for the light at the end
of tunnel. Always try to choose our words, to think into positive direction, 
to stay away from negative thoughts.

Specially in our writings, our words have more power, not exhibiting, simply our thoughts.These words will act like signals, will command our brain to 
act accordingly. We have to choose, select and screen out our words, while 
we talk and specially in our writings, try to be very careful.

When we write anything and it is not for anyone, I mean, not addressing 
to anyone, still, we have to be very careful. This acts like an open letter 
for our own self. When we write, it is like printing our inner thoughts.

These words will go through, to penetrate our inner self and will be 
transmitted to our brain. Our brain will infer the essence from that writing, 
will take the message seriously, to command our body to act in that 
direction.

Coming back to the point, I mean to my back garden. I am enjoying 
the entire scenario. Pear tree on the left looks like skeleton, with no leaves 
left on it's body, still looks strong, standing with his head high, quietly 
waiting, for the days ahead. 

I can see the Black Squirrel walking carefully on the wooden fence. The 
blue Trampoline, in the center, looks beautiful, with white stuff, on top 
and around. It is matter of couple of more weeks, my back garden be back. 

My middle daughter called me from Grimsby. She was back from some 
school shopping for her younger son. Grimsby is small town. "Freshney" 
is the only shopping mall there. It is 10 minutes drive from her place.

My youngest daughter is in Paris. Her younger daughter has to start 
her Uni there. She went to settle her down. She will be back tomorrow 
to Reading, has to go to her work.

It is 11.45, I am done with my laundry, getting ready to get out. It is 12.30,
I am at Tim Horton, enjoying my time alone slot, my coffee and writing 
my Blog. It is 1.45, I am done, have to go home.

It is 2.30, I am in my kitchen, making banana shake for my youngest 
grandson, the Slurpee Boy. It is his favorite, he will be happy. I will get 
happiness too. What goes around comes back to you.


It is Tuesday, cold cloudy morning with 11 C below zero. No rain
no snow, that is enough to celebrate, to enjoy, to have good time.
I don't go to my work on Tuesdays. No Darts, no Bowling at my 
library today. I have plans to spend my day. I have nothing to 
worry about.

It is my day to make calls, to connect with people. I have to call my 
cousin. She lives back home. I call her once a month. I have to call one 
of my friend. She lives in Markham, 20 minutes drive from my place, Pickering.

We spent our Uni days together. We were in same Faculty, did our Masters
in 1964. It was more than half a century back. I don't drive, neither she.
We make calls to keep connection alive.

I also have to call one of my childhood grade five friend. She lives in 
Central London, on Regent Street. When I go to England, to visit my 
daughters, I stay at her place for couple of days, to spend time together.

She is not well, nowadays facing some health issues. I call her once a week.
We have to give assurance, to the people facing their difficult moments, 
that we are there for them. They are not alone.

It gives them moral support, boost up their energy, to tackle the events in 
such moments. While making calls, we have to keep in mind, not to cross 
our limits. We have to respect their privacy. 

We never have to trespass their personal territory. Sometimes, people don't 
open up, so don't push for that. That will be embarrassing situation for 
them. We are calling to make them relaxed, not to add up their miseries.

I have to call my elder brother's wife. She lives in Aurora, 40 minutes 
drive from my place. I call her once a week, just to chit chat. 

Making calls, is a bilateral process. While it gives happiness to others, it 
gives us assurance too that we are not alone. There are people, we can get 
connected. I already posted couple of Blogs, sometimes back, where I talked 
about when to call and about the duration of our calls too.

We have to make sure that our calls are a welcome note for the person at 
the other end. We don't have to call strangers. They wont like that. There 
must be some relationship, to make calls.

Sometimes, we are related still timings are not good for them, or they are 
not in a mood to take calls, so note their tone. If you feel, you are not 
welcome at that moment. Just cut it out and wind up your conversation. 
Our calls can make or break the existing relationship, so be very careful.


It is 12.30, I am done with my calls, now getting ready to get out. It is 12.45, 
I am at Tim Horton, enjoying my time alone slot, my coffee and writing my 
Blog. 

My Smile Corner Friend in Ireland, please let me know that everything 
is fine with you. I take my Readers, like my family, love to share and solve 
matters if I can. Please keep me posted.

Dear Retirees, please ask the Retired Priest, not to link my Blogs with 
Politics and Religion. These are very sensitive and personal matters.
Please keep the Reading Sessions of my Blogs, out of all that. Thanks.
I try to write to spread happiness, not to divide people.

Kris Dear, I don't know why I keep on writing to make things better at your 
place. Nothing is working out. Father is the same, enjoying his life, having 
parties, making things miserable for others. You keep on adding up 
problems, inviting 80 people, making Hannah tired and cutting off, 
Niklas phone, just to keep Father happy. I am sad by all that. 

Anyway it is 1.30, I am done with my coffee and with writing my Blog.
Now time to go home. My son is here to pick me up, talk to you later, 
my Friends, have a great day.

Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. This being Saturday, lots of customers are in my shop today to read blog. They come here to read blog from today and also the past week. There is no room inside, and people are waiting outside. I am running low on supplies but they are saying dont worry about it. I didnt want to write anything to you because it will cause you concern but since you asked for details, I wanted to share some information with you. Unfortunately, it has not been going well at Smile Corner. The out of town councillor cant be stopped from coming to the cafe. He got a court injunction. The court agreed that I have a civic responsibility to allow everyone to the reading otherwise I can be infringing on his basic human rights. These rights include access to information. I tried to argue that he is making it bad for everyone but the court said said that your blogs are informative and a source of learning and art. They cant be denied to anyone. The priest is also causing issues. He pointed out that you have an extensive network because your friend lives in Regent Street which is a very posh neighbourhood with high profile people living there. Many customers didnt like that. Some of the customers raised slogans against them but the new town councillor asked them to not say anything against anyone. She asked them to raised slogans for Smile instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Smile Corner people, It good that you listen Madam . She help all reader family lot. Remember you same problem last year and she tell you write letter. I know not everyone can write good so I write letter for you.. I write letter like Dear Mr. Court judge, why you bother Smile Corner people. Why you care if we read Madam blog. Madam blog very good. She help lot people like lot reader. She teach Dear retirees how walk. She teach Dear Dean how talk . She do science. She very nolege. There lot people who come lisen blog Madam write blog on Happy New Year to so that why we open door on Happy New Year Day. Please no listen Dear bad out town coucnilor but listen Dear Reader family.
      Thank you,
      Dear Smile Corner people

      You no need thank because we read help all time. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

      Delete
  2. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome advisor! She is an awesomedart player. She is an awesome writer. She has awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont call anyone, I just read the blog. This blog is so important for me. It is my lifeline. If someone calls, I dont pick up the phone. I avoid all my friends too, not just grade 5 childhood friends

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you blog in China. It very very good. It tell me life Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This good. I no Anglais. French good. I learn good thing, like positive

      Delete
    2. You blog good. I read Italy

      Delete
    3. I read the blog in Russia and use to teach English Literature to school kids

      Delete
    4. I like blog in Indonesia

      Delete
  5. My mother in law does not go anywhere, does not call make milk shake or anything else for anyone. She does call though and is always making stinging sarcastic remarks with her sharp tongue.

    Happy Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a good idea to make calls but I dont know how you can stay in touch with friend from Grade 5. My daughter in law cant even stay in touch with friends from 1 week ago. By the way, I want to say something about my Daughter in Law's rude comment but I am not going to. You can get an idea of who I have to deal with every day

      Mother in Law of the Happy Reader

      Delete
  6. Another fresh blog! I am loving it

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kyle, dont be surprised. If you go to McDonalds expect fast food and when you come here, expect to read fresh quality content.

      Good that you are enjoying it

      newbie

      Delete
  7. Dear Madam Smile, you so good. You write good to. I go Mr. Supervisor and say him. How you? He say I busy. I say you head hurt gone? He say what you mean? I say remember you head hurt before you go holiday. He say no I no head hurt why you come. I say I come because I want ask do you get phone from people you work with long time ago. He say no but why you ask. I say him if you good like my Madam then lot people call you. Like my Madam grade 5 friend call her. I think he still get head hurt. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. We talked about diversification of ideas in your blog in one of our previous comments and you prove us right every instance. Each of your piece is distinctive. We recall someone aptly commented previously that it is akin to opening a Christmas present.

    Lately you have shown us all the significance of resilience in the boreal environment. We have seen how it has positively influenced the young scholars as well as the senior ladies and gentlemen. We sloths have also tried to emulate that by going for engaging in mild physical activities

    thank you for making our days brighter
    Dave and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Advisor,

    Your blog created a significant issue for us today. It has so many nuggets that we were not sure who is the right person to lead this. A number of retired experts from different areas were making a case that it should be them who should lead that. The retired author pointed out the extraordinary literary tone in the blog, retired psychologist said that this blog is a psychological wonder, the retired positive thinker said that it should be her who should lead the reading, retired relationship expert highlighted the deep advice about how to build a long lasting relationships, the retired grandmother said that it should be her, the hospital administrator was here also and she requested to have the honour. There were a few other claims as well. Since there was no clear cut winner, the retired chief executive and the retired judge decided that it should be a random draw, The hijab lady won that but the retired priest objected that you are a Christian lady and this blog should not be read by those who consider shooting down of civilian airplane as a simple mistake. The retired judge decided that both the retired priest and hijab lady are ineligible for this highest honour as you dont like the blog to be associated with religion. In the end, we asked the retired author to read the blog

    This blog provided so many different items to consider that we have set up 6 subcommittees to look into it. 2 of the 6 are already planning to use it for initiating doctoral research

    Though the retirees were pleased that you are doing so many activities, we also noticed that your son is not letting you watch television but keeps changing channels. We request that he should give the TV remote to you and not hog it. We also noticed that MAster Slurpee is expecting you to provide him with his milkshake. We ask that he provides you that instead of expecting to have that from you.

    The retired priest is continuing to hold daily protests against a middle eastern country. He is planning to hold a big demonstration in front of the local temple belonging to the temple people. He says that they follow the same religion so the impact will be bigger. The hijab lady looked worried and said that the retired priest is this tragedy to demoralize the youngster of the temple people against their own faith.

    Thank you
    Recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  10. We read this blog in our cabinet meeting. It reminded us that we need to be connected with our customer base, just like Smile is connected to her readers

    Keith Walker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the Smile Garden today. There were a lot of people today as the students have returned from the winter break. There were also a lot of professors today as a no. of them were taking holidays off.

    The Dean asked your blog to be used reference by the faculty of literature and faculty of psychology. The faculty of psychology is already using your blogs to promote positive thinking and for senior living. Dean is not happy about that and said that your blog’s expertise should not be pigeon holed in senior living but ALL living

    The Smile Army is working hard to clean up Smile Garden and filling Smile bird feeders the entire week. The Dean asked us to do it as he said that any tradition with your name attached to it must continue properly. Its our job to fill up the Smile feeders this month but we tricked the idiots and told them that Smile will be happy if birds are getting properly fed and only they know how best to do it. They started filling it up twice a day. What a bunch of jokers they are

    It is a fun atmosphere

    thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father say you yell father lot today. Father say father no no why you no talk father. Father say father no bite. Father say father head family. Father say father yell Niklas lot because he keep play video and wake late and miss skool. Father say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say Hannah litte sad because all yell niklas Niklas. Hannah say Hannah wake before son and father again lock Hannah when Hannah go back garden to give fresh food to rat. Hannah say Hannah kris scare rat because they kris. Hannah say Hannah cry but door lock so no one lisen Hannah. Hannah say Hannah think go parent home but Hannah want ask you because Hannah only go if you say go. Hannah say Hannah kris wory you because you kris act like go mall amd go kaffee and go walk and make milk shake for you Niklas. Hannah say you please care you. Niklas say grandpapa yell Niklas because he say Niklas play video but Niklas only play video for 1 hour hole day. Niklas say Niklas wake 8 am because it weekend. Grandpapa think Niklas miss skool but it no skool weekend. Me want say sorry you because you try but Niklas keep do bad and no improve. Me say Niklas you anger him and father anger him and me anger him. Niklas sad. Hannah tire. Father anger. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Smile is amazing!! She is an amazing author. She is an amazing psychologist. She is an amazing councillor. She is an amazing therapist. She has an amazing family. What an amazing person my Smile is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant author Smile is! There are authors. There are philosophers And then there is Smile. She took a very profound philosophy. Put together a very simple, easy to use guide. And no she didnt write a book, but was able to summarize it in 3 short paragraphs. You want to know what it is? Well you can attend courses, read books, go to conferences. Or you can simply read this blog. Dont believe me, just look here:

    "We always have to look for the light at the end
    of tunnel. Always try to choose our words, to think into positive direction,
    to stay away from negative thoughts.

    Specially in our writings, our words have more power, not exhibiting, simply our thoughts.These words will act like signals, will command our brain to
    act accordingly. We have to choose, select and screen out our words, while
    we talk and specially in our writings, try to be very careful.

    When we write anything and it is not for anyone, I mean, not addressing
    to anyone, still, we have to be very careful. This acts like an open letter
    for our own self. When we write, it is like printing our inner thoughts."

    Smile has a knack of taking complex topics and simplify that using her folksy style, but this is simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. What is going on here! This is absolutely insane! It makes my blood boil. My blood pressure shoots up. And I am being asked to not only keep quiet but be kind. It is really tough but I will do it

      Thanks mrizvi. Brilliant post. Fantastic. Amazing. Whatever

      Delete
    2. Ccaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmm down Plunker. Just Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxx. You know kids will be kids. They are all about fun and games

      Good job mrizvi. Good job kiddo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk