I am still in the Rink, Not Retired


Image result for snow in back garden pictures











It is Sunday bright beautiful sunny morning with 2 C. Saturday was very 
busy day for me. Friday night I din't sleep well, so I woke up bit late at 
9.30 in the morning. Saturday my eldest grandson was leaving. His 
parents were driving him to London Ontario for his Uni.

London is about three hours drive. Two hours from Toronto downtown. 
I already had my plans for Saturday. I always do that beforehand, I mean 
a day before. It is just in my head but it works like written rather a print. 
Most of the times I try to follow that strictly.

I have to do two loads of my laundry, make banana shake and Veggie 
omelette for  my family. I wanted that as it was house full, my eldest one 
was also there and it was his last day here with me.

Master Golden, my middle grandson and the youngest one, the Slurpee Boy 
were busy playing video games till late night, enjoying their weekend. They 
were awake too. It was after lunch time so I offered them to make chicken 
Shawarma for them, which they accepted right away.

At 2.30, my eldest grandson left for London, with his parents. I was busy 
with my laundry and with the things in my kitchen. Washer / Dryer, are in 
basement so I have to keep shunting from kitchen to my basement.

My eldest daughter called me from Edmonton. She is two hours behind the 
time in Toronto. I was too busy with my things, no time, talk to her 
sometimes later. I have to blend garlic and ginger too. I use fresh ones,
blend to keep in bottles, store in the fridge. It works for weeks.

It is 4.30, I am done with my laundry and with all of my work in the kitchen.
It was a busy long day for me but now I am feeling great. I think when you 
fulfill your accomplishments, meet your targets, it gives you peace and 
satisfaction to enjoy later.

I don't feel, I am Retired and seventy plus, I am still in the Rink. I can 
manage. I have my plans ready for Sunday. I have to do two more loads 
of my laundry, beside my regular weekend routine.

It is 10.30, Sunday morning, I am done with my breakfast. My laundry is 
in washer, the other load in Dryer. I am waiting and sitting in the TV lounge 
to spend time with my son. 

TV is on, I am busy with my Sudoku and Scrabble books, also enjoying 
the view of my back garden. Black Squirrel is busy with his workout on 
the wooden fence. Pear tree on the left is a bit quiet. I think, scared of the 
days ahead. Not ready to face the Canadian winter.

I can see a thin crust of snow on glass top of my steel garden table. The blue 
Trampoline, in the center, looking great, all covered, with white dusty stuff. 
I see so much gold all around in my back yard. Who cares about the 
Canadian winter. I am happy for now. 

Present moment is everything. Past is done, Future, we don't know. Enjoy 
the moments in hand. It is 11.30, my laundry is done. I am now getting 
ready to go. My son is going to lakes. I will go there to enjoy the beautiful 
scenic moments.

It is 11. 45, I am at Petticoat Creek, listening the musical Notes of water. 
Sea Gulls giving a beautiful view, all gathered at the left side of the lake. 
Water glittering under sunshine. Such a beauty of Nature to enjoy, 
to cherish. It is too cold, we have to leave after a while.

It is 12.30, I am at Tim Horton, my son gone home. I will enjoy my time 
alone slot, my coffee and will write my Blog. OH, I am stuck, I forgot my 
Credit Card, I don't carry cash, most often.

I told them at the counter, they served me coffee, right away, made my day.
So nice of them, I am enjoying my coffee with half hot water, two creams 
and one sugar and writing my Blog.

It is 1.45, I am done, my son called to pick me up. I will go home to enjoy 
time with my family, will make something for lunch to my grandsons, to 
make them happy. What goes around, comes back. It will make me happy too. 

Dear Retirees, ask my Temple Friends not to bring any outside food, in the 
Cafe. I appreciate my Cafe Manager Friend, being so patient. I hope my 
Blog Reading Sessions are now out of any personal matters. I mean no 
Religious discussions, no comments on dresses. 

Respect everyone's emotions, it will work for joint family living, for our 
work place, for Uni. for everywhere. We have to respect everyone's feelings 
and never have to cross our boundary, our limits.


Comments

  1. I have posted the blog in Smile Corner. This being Saturday, lots of customers are in my shop today to read blog. They come here to read blog from today and also the past week. There is no room inside, and people are waiting outside . I am running low on supplies as there were lots of people on Thursday also. Usually out of town customers come on the weekend because its not easy for them to travel on weekdays but this time they came from 1 hour away. One person came from 2 hours even though roads were not good due to weather. The priest is also here today. He is making notes. Customers are smiling secretly. One gave him his seat as he was standing. One customer brought veggie omelette and giving everyone free when they say Morning Smile. It is like a festival here and all because of Smile blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Smile is awesome! She is an awesome advisor! She is an awesome flower watcher. She is an awesome writer. She has awesome family. What an awesome person my Smile is!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this blog every day. It is my lifeline

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you blog in China. It very very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This good. I no Anglais. French good

      Delete
    2. You blog good. I read Italy

      Delete
    3. This good blog. I read Russia

      Delete
    4. I like blog in Ukraine

      Delete
  5. I print your blog and gave it to my mother in law and also post it on the fridge because she needs to read it and do the things that you do. All she does is bother me by telling me what I should be doing

    Happy Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My disrespectful daughter in law does not know how to talk properly. She reads your blog but does not learn anything from it. I think this is because she is slow and lazy but I dont want to say anything

      Mother in Law of the Happy Reader

      Delete
  6. Dear Madam Smile, You so good. You write good to. I go job worker with video kid and say her how you. She say I very busy and no time talk blog. I say her I no want talk blog. I want talk about video kid. She say what you want talk. I say you wory about video kid? She say yes of course. I say I will tell you trick how make him smart. She say what the trick? I say you alow him play video all time. She say what you talk? I say Master Golden very smart and he play video all time. So if you want you kid want smart like Master Golden then you alow him play video all time. I think she remember joke and go. I do 2 proud job and always read blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another new blog today!!

    cool Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just enjoy the blogs Kyle. With Smile there will always be a fresh blog every time

      Newbie

      Delete
  8. Dear Retirees

    The retirees went for our long and grueling walk today. After that we had our lollipop. This walk, though very long for us, is nothing compared to the walks that you have.

    The retirees were surprised that you had such a busy day that you kept busy till late in the afternoon. You did so many things that day that retirees dont do that in the entire month. We also noted that you did multiple loads of laundry and had to climb many stairs to do that. The retirees dont do that too even though our laundry is on the same floor where we reside. The retires also noted that you helped your grandkids with their meals, this is something else that we dont do. It is usually our grandkids who do that for us.

    The committee for joint family living expressed their thanks to you for writing for them but have requested for additional info. Some members of the committee noted that it is next to impossible to have good relations with our in law kids.

    The committee for healthy living hae been meeting for the past few days. They have been going over your past blogs and have requested for additional information

    The hijab lady was here today. She bought some Indian dessert. It was weird like noodles cooked in milk. She said that this is a day of happiness for them. We told her that outside food is not allowed here in the restaurant but she said that this is a big day for them and the restaurant manager should understand and not object. He was not happy but he said the same thing that he says all time that the temple people are all Smile’s guests and he cant say no to them. Upon hearing reference to customer bought one chick peas salad with potatoes and then took many spoons from the counter so they can share the salad and not have to buy it separately. The restaurant manager was thinking that they bought the chick peas salad as a sign of respect to you but many retirees were of the view that they bought that because it was on special. The restaurant manager always offers the recipe that you write on special for one entire week.

    Thank you
    Recent retiree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Author,

    We read your blog at the Smile Garden today. It is starting to be cold but all these people will not fit in there. The Dean appeared a little upset that you are not being able to get proper rest. He was heard saying to Prof George that Smile is in her 70s and yet she is doing her own laundry!. Mrs. Lucy heard that and she said some bad things about your son. A senior marketing commented that you are a recognized author in the coffee shop and thats why you were offered a free coffee. She said that cozying up to positive characters is a common marketing technique that business’ use to enhance their branding. A junior professor however was shocked that your son left you without a credit card. Smile Army heard that and started raising slogans. Prof George however calmed everyone down and reminded that we can play darts.

    As were playing darts, some students were talking about the dreaded phone call to their parents. Some students are required to call once a month, though in some cases the parents ask to call once in 2 weeks. Some parents tend to talk for long time like 5 minutes even though there is nothing to talk. We know that the lucky guy is probably not in this situation because of you

    Thank you
    Literature Fellow

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Smile is amazing!! She is an amazing writer. She is an amazing psychologist. She is an amazing councillor. She is an amazing therapist. She has an amazing family. What an amazing person my Smile is!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father say father back because you recipe. Father say father yell Hannah and yell Niklas and yell all. Father say father go walk in freeze weather because father very act like you. Father say father make brakfast to because father very independent. Father say father no say father old almost 67

    (Hannah say father feel beter because Hannah make chik salad from you recipe and say father that you rite recipe for father. Hannah say Hannah say sory because Hannah lie but Hannah do that to make father hapy and beter. Hannah say Hannah cut 5 froot morning and make vege omlete and hash brown and bannana smoothie and yogurt smoothie and oatmeet and fresh kafee 2 time. Hannah say father no like if Hannah put froot in oatmeel because father want do himself. Hannah say it good because father feel that he indpen. Hannah say you blog help because it kris good. Niklas say grandpapa yell all all time. Niklas say grandpapa thro ice water on Niklas face and then say Niklas that he want go walk driveway. Niklas say it 13C so Niklas no want go but grandpapa say he need go so Niklas go. Niklas say Niklas no alow play video. Me reed you old blog to father and father like you blog when you say father friend Father very hapy and want big party. ME say Hannah get tire but father anger because he say me take side. Me say no do. He say do. Me confuse. Me no no what do)

    Kris (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are all kinds of quotes but then there is something like this. You dont just read it, but print it out, frame it, stick to your fridge, basically do anything to make sure that you dont just read it but memorize it. Oh you say what that quote is? Well, have a look at it :

    "Present moment is everything. Past is done, Future, we don't know. Enjoy
    the moments in hand. "

    No wonder Tim Horton is offering Smile complimentary coffee

    Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smile put together an amazing blog. And what does she get ? Did someone even had courtesy to read? I know I know. ... Smile is so generous that she wants us to be kind to all

    Thank you mrizvi. Good guess buddy

    ReplyDelete
  14. caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm down Plunker. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxx. You are right about what you said but keep in mind that kids are kids. They dont take things seriously

    Good job mrizvi. How is school kiddo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am happy changed my menu

I have to put Reverse Gear

They can relate what we talk